Associate Degree in Funeral Service: Mortuary Science Classes
In addition to major core requirements, all students enrolled in associate degree programs must complete a minimum of 21 credits in general education courses.
General education core - 22 credits
|ENG 101||English Composition||3|
|ENG 1XX||English Elective||3|
|CAP 1XX||Computer Literacy (CAP)||3|
|MATH 1XX||Mathematics (MATH)||3|
|BIO 120||Human Biology||4|
|PSY 315||Psychology of Death and Dying||3|
|Humanities (HIS, PHIL, SPAN, HUM)||3|
Non-major core requirements - 13 credits
|ACC 101||Principles of Accounting I||3|
|BUS 101||Introduction to Management||3|
|SCI 124||Humans and Disease||3|
Funeral Service major core requirements - 30 credits
|FNS 202||Funeral Service Management and Communications||4|
|FNS 205||Restorative Art||4|
|FNS 208||Funeral Service Law||3|
|FNS 218||Embalming I and Thanato-Chemistry||4|
|FNS 216||Funeral Service History and Merchandising||4|
|FNS 219||Embalming II||3|
|FNS 297||Funeral Service Internship||5|
|FNS 298||Funeral Service Seminar||3|
View our courses offered by semester.
Course sections noted with an 'H' are delivered in a hybrid format (a combination of on-campus and online learning).
Course sections noted with an 'O' are delivered in an online format.
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it's easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we're still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.