Admission requirements for international ESL students.

english as a second language program requirements

Congratulations on your decision to apply to the Goodwin College ESL program! Please submit the following documentation to our International Admissions team:

  • Complete an application for admission.
  • Present the equivalent of an American high school diploma and official copies of all academic records. Non-English college transcripts and high school diplomas must be accompanied by certified translations and evaluations from an accredited agency. You can find agency options on the NACES web site. Electronic copies are accepted, and official documents are required upon enrollment.
  • You must complete a Certification of Finances (pdf download) and provide financial documentation that you can pay for your ESL tuition and fees. The completed Certification of Finances form, bank statement and a bank letter must be dated within the last six months, be in English, and amounts must be in US Dollars.

    The kinds of financial documentation we will require for the application to Goodwin College include:

    • For personal funds: an official bank statement and bank letter dated within the last six months, in English, and amounts must be in US Dollars.
    • For a personal loan: a pre-approval letter confirming amount for which the loan is approved. A loan application is not sufficient.
    • For a family member sponsor(s): an Affidavit of Support form plus an official bank statement and bank letter confirming available funding in English and USD. A separate affidavit is required for each sponsor. The total funds on the affidavit(s) must equal the total funds needed for one year of study. If you will be staying somewhere where you will receive free room and board, you need to provide a letter from who you are staying with indicating the amount of support they will provide for you and the duration of time you will stay with them. The value of room and board is estimated to be $15,000 per academic year.
    • For an organizational or government sponsor: a copy of an award letter from a sponsoring organization specifying the amount of the award, its duration, and the terms of renewal.
  • Provide copy of valid passport information page.

Electronic supporting documents must be submitted as PDF, JPEG, GIF, PNG or JPG files.

Make sure to keep a copy of all of these documents for yourself and your consular interview!

International Students may attend Goodwin College on an F-1 (student) visa. The College will issue the student an I-20 form once a student has been accepted and an admissions deposit has been received. International students must be enrolled full-time every semester, unless there are documented circumstances which outline why they cannot be full-time. International students are not eligible to receive any Federal or State aid to offset their tuition and fees.

International Students should hear within two to four weeks of submitting a complete application on their admissions status. Once you are admitted to Goodwin College, you can place a deposit and take the next step in the process!

Contact Us Today!

Goodwin College will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin College to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.