International Admissions Forms and Documents
International Admissions Forms
The list below includes links to international admissions forms. Additional information for several forms, and required accompanying documentation is detailed below.
- Admission Application for International Students
- Admission Information Request Form
- Affidavit of Financial Support(pdf)
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)(pdf)
- Early Withdrawl Form(pdf)
- I-20 Request Form(pdf)
- International Arrival and Housing Selection
- International Certification of Finances for Undergraduate Students(pdf)
- International Student Contract(pdf)
- international Student Health History Form(pdf)
- International Transfer IN Form(pdf)
- International Transfer OUT Form(pdf)
- Optional Practical Training (OPT)(pdf)
- Reduced Course Load (RCL) for Undergraduate International Students(pdf)
Application for Admission
All international students must complete an International Admissions Application.
Certification of Finances
Goodwin College is required by U.S. government regulations to check the availability of adequate funding for tuition, fees, and living expenses for the duration of the prospective student's studies in order to issue the immigration documents necessary to obtain a student visa. All financial documents submitted for evaluation will become the property of College and will not be returned to the prospective student.
Since you and your family or sponsors must assume all responsibility for student expenses, you should review the estimates in the Confidential Statement for Financing Studies & Sponsorship Support Confirmation and the estimated expenses overview before deciding to apply to Goodwin College. Applicants should use the previous year's form when estimating the cost of attendance for their academic year.
To complete your application and receive the necessary papers for obtaining a visa, you must submit:
- The completed Certification of Finances (pdf download)
Documents confirming available funds for the annual costs of study (such as savings deposits, checking accounts, or a signed bank letter verifying the ability to pay educational expenses). All documented sources of support must be:
- Photocopies or original documents
- Current (within 6 months of starting date at Goodwin College)
- Written in English and documented in US Dollars
- Signed and stamped by a bank official
Other Required Documentation
English Proficiency Testing Results
English is the language of instruction at Goodwin College. You must be able to understand rapid, idiomatic English and express yourself clearly in speech and writing.
- TOEFL scores: 61 or higher
- IELTS scores: 5.5 band or higher
- Students with TOEFL scores of 60 or lower, or IELTS scores below the 5.5 band, will be placed into our 4-12 month ESL program.
Indicate on your TOEFL registration form that you want your test results sent directly to Goodwin College. The TOEFL code for Goodwin College is 4135.
All international students must supply a photocopy of the photo/data page of their current, valid passport.
To enter the United States to study, you’ll need a visa — usually an F-1 Student Visa. Please see our Visa and Immigration pages for more detailed information. To apply for a visa, you must submit to the United States Embassy or Consulate in your own country:
- A valid Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility
- A passport
- Evidence of financial support
If you are admitted to Goodwin College and choose to enroll and have submitted evidence of financial support along with a $500 deposit, a Form I-20 will be issued. This $500 deposit is non-refundable but will be applied to your first semester tuition should you enroll and attend Goodwin College. This deposit ensures the issuance of your I-20 which will be forwarded to you in your acceptance packet.
Accepted International Students
Additional forms and information for accepted students will be required for housing, health insurance, and more. Please see our Accepted International Students pages for more detailed information.
How to submit your documentation
Please mail your documentation to:
Attn: International Admissions
One Riverside Drive
East Hartford, CT 06118
United States of America
Email high-resolution scans in pdf format of all documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin College will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin College to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.