Respiratory Care Requirements
Admission Requirements for Goodwin's Associate Degree in Respiratory Care
The following are the admission requirements for students applying to the Respiratory Care program. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the program due to the limited number of places available. Admission is based upon completion of the respiratory care prerequisites and other requirements. If courses are in progress, acceptance will be conditional upon submission of an official transcript immediately upon completion. All requirements must be completed before enrolling in RSP 112, Principles of Respiratory Care.
- Complete the application for admission into Goodwin University. Applicants to the Respiratory Care program must first meet the requirements for admission and be accepted into Goodwin University.
- Complete the Respiratory Care Program Application.
- A signed attestation that applicant possesses the ability to perform the tasks as stated in the Essential Functions of a Respiratory Therapist.
- Earn a minimum GPA of 2.7 in the most recent course work. College GPA is based on a minimum of 12 completed credits.
- Complete the required College placement evaluations. Applicants must test into ENG 101. All remedial courses must be completed before entering the program.
- Complete all prerequisite courses.
- Complete the following prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or better:
- Chemistry - four-credit elective with lab
- Math 1XX
- Complete the following prerequisite courses with a grade of "C+" or better:
- Biology - BIO 211, Anatomy & Physiology I, and BIO 212 Anatomy & Physiology II (Goodwin University) or equivalent completed within the last five years. (BIO 120 or BIO 121 (Goodwin University) or equivalent with a laboratory component is the prerequisite for BIO 211 (Note: Applicants meeting all other requirements can be admitted conditionally without completing BIO 212. However, this course must be successfully completed prior to starting the respiratory program)
- BIO 235, completed within the last ten years.
- Interview with the Program Director.
- Personal essay.
Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology I & II, and Microbiology taken at other accredited colleges must be equivalent to Goodwin University courses to meet these admission requirements. Chemistry must have been completed with a "C" or higher. Anatomy & Physiology I & II and Microbiology must have been completed with a "C+" or higher.