Associate in Respiratory Care
Respiratory Therapy Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of all respiratory therapist program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency as a respiratory care practitioner, as described by the National Board of Respiratory Care and the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.
- Assist physicians in diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients affected by cardiopulmonary disorders.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and evaluate information relevant to his/her role as a respiratory care practitioner.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in all skills necessary to fulfill the role as a respiratory care practitioner.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors consistent with employer expectations for a respiratory care practitioner.
- Demonstrate basic competencies in alternate care sites (i.e., homecare, rehabilitation centers, and long-term mechanical ventilator centers).
To prepare graduates with demonstrated competence in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains of respiratory care practice as performed by registered respiratory therapists (RRTs).