Online MSN Program Admissions Requirements
Master's in Nursing requirements
Unlike many other online MSN programs, we don't require GRE scores for admission. We know nurses work hard enough without having to take extra tests before they even get into the program. Students entering the program must be fully licensed RNs, and must already have a bachelor's degree.
Graduate applicants to Goodwin University are required to:
- Complete a graduate application for admission.
- Pay a $50 non-refundable application fee (waived for Goodwin University graduates).
- Provide a professional resume.
- Submit proof of immunizations (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Varicella).
- Submit an official or unofficial transcript verifying receipt of a bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the equivalent of this degree from another country with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Submit an official or unofficial transcript from your most recent degree earned (this may be from prelicensure)
with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Applicants with less than a 3.0 CGPA may be considered for conditional admittance into the program under certain circumstances.
All applicants to the MSN program must:
In addition to meeting the University's requirements of all graduate program applications, students interested in the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program must also:
- Provide a current, unencumbered RN license.
- Submit an official or unofficial transcript verifying receipt of a bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Write a formal 800-1000 word personal statement of your nursing career goals.
It is highly recommended that applicants to the Master of Science in Nursing program have two years working experience or the equivalent in the role of the registered nurse and have successfully completed a college-level statistics course and an upper-division research course.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.