Associate in Medical Assisting
Upon successful completion of all Medical Assisting program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Utilize medical terminology appropriately.
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the human body, as well as the related disease processes.
- Describe legal and regulatory frameworks of healthcare as they relate to the Medical Assistant.
- Demonstrate computer literacy skills.
- Effectively engage in written and oral communication as demonstrated through charting and communication with patients and other health professionals.
- Prepare patients for examination or procedures, and assist the physician with the examination or procedure.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens, as well as perform basic laboratory testing.
- Perform phlebotomy and other invasive specimen collection techniques.
- Perform electrocardiograms and respiratory testing.
- Experience a variety of general education courses that contribute to a greater understanding of opportunities that will lead to future education.