Associate Degree in Medical Assisting Courses
Medical Assisting curriculum
In addition to major core requirements, all students enrolled in associate degree programs must complete a minimum of 21 credits in general education courses.
General education core - 21 credits
|ENG 101||English Composition||3|
|ENG 1XX||English Elective||3|
|CAP 110||Computer Applications||3|
|MATH 1XX||Mathematics (MATH)||3|
|BIO 101||Concepts in Human Biology||3||PSY 112||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|Humanities (HIS, PHIL, SPAN, HUM)||3|
Non-major core requirements - 6 credits
|HSC 105||Medical Terminology||3|
|HSC 111||Medical Law and Ethics||3|
Medical Assisting major core - 21 credits
|MED 115||Introduction to Medical Insurance and Coding||3|
|MED 151||Medical Assisting: The Medical Office and Patient Care||3|
|MED 152||Medical Assisting: Diagnostic Procedures||3|
|MED 153||Medical Assisting: Laboratory Procedures||3|
|MED 250||Medical Office Management||3|
|MED 299||Medical Assisting Internship||3|
Electives - 12 credits
View our courses offered by semester.
Course sections noted with an 'H' are delivered in a hybrid format (a combination of on-campus and online learning).
Course sections noted with an 'O' are delivered in an online format.
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it's easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we're still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.