Medical Assisting Requirements
Requirements for Goodwin’s Medical Assisting program
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of a “C” or better:
- Complete the application for admission into Goodwin University. Applicants to the Medical Assisting program must first meet the requirements for admission and be accepted into Goodwin University.
- Complete the Medical Assisting program application.
- Interview with the program director and/or practicum coordinator before admission.
Medical Assisting students will be required to provide documentation of a physical exam (within 2 years) and immunizations prior to starting the program.
The following forms are required by all Medical Assisting students to have filled out and handed in to the program director.
- Physical examination - Immunization record to include at least the first 2 Hepatitis B vaccinations or proof of immunity by the Hepatitis B titer.