Medical Assisting Requirements
Beginning with candidates for Summer 2017 admission, candidates will be accepted based on the following outlined requirements listed below:
- Completion of Medical Assisting programmatic physical (proof of varicella, MMR and Hepatitis B).
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of a “C” or better:
BIO 101 - Concepts in Human Biology
HSC 105 - Medical Terminology
- Meet with Medical Assistant Program Director or Practicum Coordinator.
Must be scheduled during 1st mod (within first 7 weeks).
The following forms are required by all Medical Assisting students to have filled out and handed in to the Program Director.
- Physical Examination - Immunization Record to include at least the first 2 Hepatitis B vaccinations or proof of immunity by the Hepatitis B titer.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Refusal