Health Science Bachelor's Degree Program
Upon successful completion of all health science program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong foundation in basic behavioral, natural, social and health sciences appropriate to entry-level positions in health care.
- Communicate and present verbal, visual and written ideas and information clearly and accurately in a way that represents competence and professionalism in the health care field.
- Interpret and explain policy within the ethical, legal and regulatory framework of the health care industry.
- Identify and analyze bioethical issues facing health care practitioners and the health care environment.
- Identify and describe the different roles of health care professionals and develop skills to become an effective team member.
- Demonstrate accurate problem-solving abilities when working as a health care professional while at an internship.
- Appreciate diversity, differing belief and value systems, as well as appreciate individual opinions.
- Develop self-directed and engaged learning skills needed for independent and lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully enter specific health care fields or areas of study.
- Be an educator and promoter of healthy living.