Dental Hygiene Associate Degree Program
Dental Hygiene program outcomes
Upon successful completion of all Dental Hygiene program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Provide competent dental hygiene care for patients of all age groups including geriatric, adults, adolescents, and children.
- Demonstrate the process of care in dental hygiene for all age groups including those with medical, physical, psychological, cognitive, and social needs: assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, education and evaluation.
- Implement effective communication to deliver culturally competent and inter-professional health care to diverse populations.
- Implement the use of dental technology and learning platforms to provide comprehensive dental hygiene treatment and complete program assignments and student self-assessments.
- Evaluate and incorporate current scientific literature to support evidence based dental hygiene care.
- Create, implement, and evaluate community-based health programs that will improve health outcomes and reduce disparities in marginalized populations.