Accelerated Bachelor's in Nursing Degree
ABSN Program Outcomes
Graduates of the baccalaureate program are prepared to practice professional nursing as a generalist with skills that are applicable across all health care settings. They are also prepared to enter graduate study.
At the completion of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Practice professional nursing from a holistic, visionary, culturally-competent, fiscally-responsible base, as they design, manage, and coordinate care for individuals, families, groups, communities and populations.
- Synthesize and apply knowledge from nursing theory, practice, research, and the liberal arts and sciences to professional nursing practice.
- Integrate and demonstrate beginning leadership and management skills utilizing critical and creative thinking, ethical decision making, and evidenced-based practice.
- Design, manage and coordinate care to patients, families, groups and communities utilizing communication skills honed by self-awareness and self-evaluation.
- Advocate for patients, families, groups and communities based on a respect for cultural diversity and an understanding of the impact of political and regulatory process on health care.
- Collaborate and communicate, using a variety of modalities, with patients, families and interdisciplinary team members to maximize patient's level of wellness.
- Make a commitment to lifelong learning by assuming responsibility for professional career planning, advanced education and active membership in the profession.