What is TOEFL?
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is a standardized test that is used to assess the English language proficiency of individuals for whom English is not their first language.
What English Language Skills Does the TOEFL Assess?
The TOEFL assesses your abilities in the major areas of language acquisition: listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
Who Takes the TOEFL?
The TOEFL is generally taken by students who wish to attend an English-speaking college, university, or higher education institute. To take the TOEFL, you must be a non-native English speaker with a high school diploma or equivalent credential. You also must have a valid passport — this will be used to verify your identity at the time of the test.
Where Can I Take the TOEFL?
The TOEFL can be taken in-person or remotely. To learn more about taking the TOEFL exam, visit the Education Testing Service (ETS) website.
Why Should I Take the TOEFL?
Taking the TOEFL prepares you to enroll in a certificate or degree program that's taught in English. Passing the TOEFL shows American colleges and universities that your language skills are proficient.
Goodwin University's Degree and Certificate Programs
Goodwin takes pride in the diversity of our students and faculty. We offer a variety of support services to help international students get the most out of their higher education.
Interested in learning more about our career-based programs? Learn more about the Goodwin experience today!
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.
- ApplicationApply Now