Bachelor’s Degree Program in Professional Studies
Professional Studies Program Outcomes
The Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies is a career-focused, degree-completion program that provides students with theoretical and practical educational experiences designed to enhance their current professional capabilities as well as prepare them for advancement or new career opportunities. In addition to achieving the student learning outcomes that result from successfully completing general education requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective use of interpersonal skills appropriate for complex and diverse workplace settings.
- Demonstrate proficiency in critical analysis, writing and communication skills.
- Analyze and evaluate philosophical and ethical arguments.
- Review a body of literature and analyze the reported results.
- Identify and address a community problem or issue using acquired knowledge and skills.
- Understand organizational and psychological theories required to successfully navigate an organization.
- Analyze complex problems and propose effective solutions.
- Begin to develop specialized knowledge in an academic discipline.