Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program
PMHNP program admission requirements
The application deadline is September 30, 2021 for the January 2022 class start.
There's good news! You're already passing the test of perseverance; we don't need you to pass or even take the GRE to apply or be admitted into Goodwin's PMHNP program. Nurses work hard enough. Let Goodwin work for you.
Graduate applicants to Goodwin University are required to:
- Complete a graduate application for admission.
- Pay a $50 non-refundable application fee (waived for Goodwin University graduates).
- Submit an official or unofficial transcript verifying receipt of a bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the equivalent of this degree from another country with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.*
- Submit an official or unofficial transcript from your most recent degree earned (this may be from prelicensure) with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.*
- Provide a professional resume.
- Submit proof of immunizations (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Varicella).
* If an unofficial transcript is provided for admission, an official transcript is required within 30 days of application.
All applicants to the PMHNP program must:
In addition to the meeting the University's requirements of all graduate program applications, students interested in the Master of Science in Nursing - PMHNP program must also:
- Provide a current, unencumbered RN license.
- Submit an official or unofficial transcript verifying receipt of a bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Write a formal 800-1000 word personal statement of your nursing career goals. Discuss your future professional career goals. Explain how obtaining an MSN in the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner track at Goodwin University will enable you to fulfill the role of a psychiatric nurse practitioner in today's health care system.
- Have a minimum of 2+ years of direct patient care RN experience obtained within the last five years.
- Participate in a telephone interview administered by the program director.
- Be able to travel significant distances to clinical sites, if necessary.
- Pass a background check and drug screening.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.