Associate in Occupational Therapy Assistant
The specific admission requirements are outlined below. It is important to note that not all qualified candidates can be offered admission to the Occupational Therapy Assistant program due to the limited number of places available. Admission is based upon completion of occupational therapy assistant prerequisites, general education requirements, and other outlined requirements. Any submitted applications that do not meet the minimum required GPA and the required score on the examination being utilized as the pre-admission exam will not be considered for admission.
Candidates will be accepted based on the following outlined requirements listed below and the outlined point system:
- Complete the application for admission into Goodwin College. Applicants to the Occupational Therapy Assistant program must first meet the requirement for admission and be accepted into Goodwin College.
- Applicants must take the pre-admission - Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). This examination is administered at Goodwin College three times a year (January, May, and September). The cost of the Exam is the responsibility of the applicant. Students may only register for the Exam when they are submitting an application or reactivating an application that is already on file. It is the student's responsibility to follow the deadlines and instructions posted on the application. All questions regarding Exam registration must be directed to the Occupational Therapy Assistant Department. Students may take The Pre-Entrance Examination as many times as they wish. Students must score at 50 percent or higher on this exam to be considered for admission.
- Complete the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program application.
- Applicants must also have a cumulative 2.7 GPA in the last twelve college credits taken or on high school transcripts if no college courses have been taken.
- Provide documentation of observation of occupational therapy in any specialty area. Observation must include 8 hours in the prior 12 months.
- All prerequisite and general education requirements must be completed before entering the Program.
- Completion of the following prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of a "C" or better:
- Occupational Therapy Assistant applicants who have satisfied all of the admission criteria are also required to interview with the Program Director before admission.
Occupational Therapy Students who have satisfied all of the admission criteria will be selected according to the point system found in the catalog.