Associate in Occupational Therapy Assistant
Application deadline for spring 2024 is November 10, 2023 at 5 p.m.
Important pre-requisite update: after July 7, those registering for the spring 2024 semester will need to have completed BIO 211 and BIO 212, NOT BIO 120 and HSC 105.
The specific admission requirements are outlined below. It is important to note that not all qualified candidates can be offered admission to the Occupational Therapy Assistant program due to the limited number of seats available. All occupational therapy assistant prerequisite and general education requirements must be completed prior to beginning the program. Any submitted applications that do not meet the requirements will not be considered for admission.
Candidates will be accepted based on the following outlined requirements listed below:
- Complete the application for admission into Goodwin University. Applicants to the Occupational Therapy Assistant program must first meet the requirement for admission and be accepted into Goodwin University.
- Complete the Occupational Therapy Assistant program application. Applicants must include:
- Official high school transcript or General Equivalency Diploma/HiSET. (An official bachelor’s or master’s degree transcript, with a date of completion/graduation, can be accepted in lieu of a high school transcript.)
- Official college transcripts, if applicable.
- Applicants must also have a cumulative 2.7 GPA in the last twelve college credits taken or on high school transcripts if no college courses have been taken.
- Complete the University Placement Evaluations. Applicants must qualify for a minimum of ENG 101 and MATH 125 in order to enter the Occupational Therapy Assistant program. Any foundational courses required as indicated by the test results must be completed before entering the program. All prerequisite and general education requirements must be completed prior to beginning the program.
- Provide documentation of observation of occupational therapy in any specialty area. Observation must include 8 hours in the prior 12 months.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant applicants who have satisfied all the admission criteria will be required to interview with the program director and complete a personal essay before admission.
Occupational Therapy Assistant students who have satisfied all of the admission criteria will be selected according to the point system found in the catalog.