Associate in Occupational Therapy Assistant
Application deadline for Fall 2021 is July 2, 2021 at 5 p.m.
The specific admission requirements are outlined below. It is important to note that not all qualified candidates can be offered admission to the Occupational Therapy Assistant program due to the limited number of seats available. Admission is based upon completion of Occupational Therapy Assistant prerequisites, general education requirements, and other outlined requirements. Any submitted applications that do not meet the requirements will not be considered for admission.
Candidates will be accepted based on the following outlined requirements listed below:
- Complete the application for admission into Goodwin University. Applicants to the Occupational Therapy Assistant program must first meet the requirement for admission and be accepted into Goodwin University.
- Complete the Occupational Therapy Assistant program application. Applicants must include:
- Official high school transcript or General Equivalency Diploma/HiSET. (An official bachelor's or master's degree transcript, with a date of completion/graduation, can be accepted in lieu of a high school transcript.)
- Official college transcripts, if applicable.
- Applicants must also have a cumulative 2.7 GPA in the last twelve college credits taken or on high school transcripts if no college courses have been taken.
- Complete the University Placement Evaluations. Applicants must qualify for a minimum of ENG 101 and MATH 125 in order to enter the Occupational Therapy Assistant program. Any foundational courses required as indicated by the test results must be completed before entering the program. All prerequisite and general education requirements must be completed prior to applying.
- For Fall 2021 applications only: Instead of observation hours due to Covid restrictions, we are asking you watch a short video and complete a set of questions.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant applicants who have satisfied all the admission criteria will be required to interview with the program director and complete a personal essay before admission.
Occupational Therapy Assistant students who have satisfied all of the admission criteria will be selected according to the point system found in the catalog.