Certificate in Medical Billing and Coding
MBC Certification program outcomes
Upon successful completion of all Medical Billing and Coding certification program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully process medical insurance claims both manually and electronically.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze all medical reports to properly identify all procedures and diagnoses.
- Demonstrate accurate coding of procedures and diagnoses utilizing resources such as, CPT-4, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS.
- Apply knowledge of the medical insurance industry by accurately recording co-payments, deductibles, coinsurance, and risk withholds.
- Demonstrate knowledge and adherence to HIPAA regulations.
- Demonstrate coding skills by qualifying to take the Certified Professional Coding exam through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
- Effectively engage in written and oral communication between patients and other health professionals.
- Appreciate diversity, differing beliefs, value systems, and individual opinions.