Certificate in Medical Billing and Coding Classes
Medical coding is the practice of assigning specific numeric and alpha-numeric codes to medical services, procedures, and diagnoses in order to submit claims to insurance companies including Medicare and Medicaid, in order to receive payment for services provided by a licensed health care professional. Medical billers and coders function as medical reimbursement consultants to medical practices, physician billing services, insurance companies, software companies, health care agencies, consulting firms, and State and Federal Government agencies.
Non-major core requirements - 6 credits
|BIO 101||Concepts in Human Biology||3|
|HSC 105||Medical Terminology||3|
|CAP 1XX||Computer Literacy||3|
|MED 115||Introduction to Medical Insurance and Coding||3|
|MCD 213||CPT ®-4 Coding I||3|
|MCD 214||CPT ®-4 Coding II||3|
|MCD 220||Medical Coding Capstone||3|
|MED 250||Medical Office Management||3|
|HSC 111||Medical Law and Ethics OR|
|MCD 299||Medical Billing and Coding Internship||3|
View our courses offered by semester.
Course sections noted with an 'H' are delivered in a hybrid format (a combination of on-campus and online learning).
Course sections noted with an 'O' are delivered in an online format.
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it's easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we're still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.