Associate Degree in Criminal Justice Program
Criminal Justice Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of all criminal justice program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Explain the basic structure and functions of the American Criminal Justice System, including the juvenile justice system.
- Discuss the development of the corrections system in the United States, including the systems of probation, parole and community supervision.
- Identify the structure and function of the Federal and State court systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the development of criminal law and criminal procedure.
- Discuss the effects of a culturally diverse society on the development of the Criminal Justice System.
- Understand the ethical and legal issues of criminal justice professionals.
- Assess the basic issues and problems in policing, the courts, and corrections in America.
- Identify the major sociological theories that may explain criminal behavior and delinquency.