The mission of Goodwin University is to educate a diverse student population in a dynamic environment that aligns education, commerce, and community. Our innovative programs of study prepare students for professional careers while promoting lifelong learning and civic responsibility. As a nurturing university community, we challenge students, faculty, staff, and administration to fully realize their highest academic, professional, and personal potential.
- To create a dynamic educational environment that prepares for and advances students in professional careers while developing an appreciation for the humanities, arts and sciences.
- To educate students in an environment that celebrates diverse cultures, ages, experiences and opinions.
- To refine methods that support and retain undergraduate and graduate students.
- To adapt our programs to the changing needs of our student body, the workforce and society.
- To enrich our local and global communities by forming and sustaining collaborative relationships that create educational, economic and cultural benefits.
- To assist our graduates with identifying and securing professional opportunities.
- To provide students with frameworks for making ethical decisions and conducting themselves with professional integrity.
At Goodwin University, we believe that every student who graduates should possess certain abilities regardless of their academic program. We call these core abilities Institutional Outcomes.
Students will be able to effectively express and exchange ideas through various modes of communication including written, oral, and digital.
- Information Literacy
Students will be able to identify relevant information, evaluate alternatives, synthesize findings, and apply solutions.
- Career Readiness
Students will be able to apply their knowledge, skills, and abilities in their chosen field of study.
Core Values (adopted 2012)
Goodwin University’s Core Values are its deeply held beliefs that represent the University’s highest priorities and fundamental driving forces. They define our passion for what we do and how we choose to resonate with and appeal to students, employees and the greater Goodwin community.
Visit the academic catalog and our majors for more information on what students learn through their coursework.