Student Conduct Process
- Incident documented and investigated by University officials, if necessary
- Incident reviewed by student conduct staff for possible Code of Conduct violations
- Student receives conduct meeting notice from hearing officer. This includes information about the nature of the incident, alleged violations of the Code of Conduct, along with the time, date and location of meeting
- Student meets with conduct officer
- Conduct officer reviews conduct process, procedural rights and incident information
- Student is asked to declare if they are responsible for any of the alleged violations
- Student may provide information about incident and their behavior
- Conduct officer and student engage in conversation about the incident and its effects
- Sanctioning Outcome
- Conduct officer determines if student is responsible for alleged violations based on the preponderance of the evidence standard and assigns sanctions as necessary
- Student receives conduct outcome letter that includes findings and sanctions
- Student has two business days to request and appeal, if desired. The appeal decision is final.
Know your rights and the dos and don'ts regarding the Code of Conduct and the procedural process. A complete list of procedural rights and the Code of Conduct are located in the Student Handbook.