Current Information and Updates
- Guideline changes effective July 6, 2021
- Guideline changes effective June 14, 2021
- How to obtain an ID
Effective July 6, 2021: FULLY VACCINATED people can:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing in private meetings/ offices only. Masks must be worn in all classrooms and other common areas.
- Visit with unvaccinated people (including children) from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Participate in outdoor activities and recreation without a mask, except in certain crowded settings and venues
- Resume domestic travel and refrain from testing before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel
- Refrain from testing before leaving the United States for international travel (unless required by the destination) and refrain from self-quarantine after arriving back in the United States
- Refrain from testing following a known exposure, if asymptomatic, with some exceptions for specific settings
- Refrain from quarantine following a known exposure if asymptomatic
- Refrain from routine screening testing if asymptomatic
Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations
Effective July 6, 2021: Building Guideline Changes
- Prior authorization for building entry will no longer be required.
- Admissions Department will be by appointment only, until Monday, July 19. At that time walk-ins will be welcome.
- Use of the library will no longer require a scheduled appointment. We will maintain a two-hour time limit to allow equitable access for the largest number of students if the library occupancy is at a maximum.
- Classroom, office and building occupancies have changed. Furniture has been arranged to reflect current CDC guidelines. Please do not move desks or chairs.
- Classrooms and offices will be disinfected every night according to current CDC guidelines.
- Student Lounge will be open with limited seating. Masks must be worn at all times except when eating or drinking.
- Travel disclosure form must be completed if you have not been fully vaccinated. Please see the revised policy.
Effective June 14, 2021:
Thank you to everyone in our Goodwin community. To date we have taken every precaution and have continued to follow our COVID-19 guidelines. We understand that employees and students are taking advantage of the vaccine and we want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we have navigated the last fourteen months.
Beginning Monday, June 14th, 2021, if you are fully vaccinated, the wearing of masks or facial coverings and temperature checks will no longer be required in building common areas in all Goodwin University buildings. Goodwin employees who work in our Magnet Schools must still follow their guidelines.
Be aware that masks will still be required in all classrooms as well as in the individual offices and workspaces of student facing departments. In these areas employees, students, and visitors (regardless of whether you are vaccinated) will be required to wear masks. Vaccinated employees are allowed, however, to move about the common areas of the student-facing departments without masks. Because of these parameters, it is important for students, faculty, and staff to continue to keep a mask with you at all times.
For those who cannot be vaccinated or choose not to be, you must continue to wear a mask at all times while in Goodwin buildings. Temperature taking and screening is not required, but will be available for those who wish using the self-service kiosk located across from the bookstore.
We recognize that some individuals, even though they are vaccinated, may wish to continue to wear a mask for personal medical reasons or to protect the health of family members at home. Whatever the reason may be, let us be respectful of others, whether they are wearing a mask or not. Based on current trends, it will not be long before we all can decide to be mask-free.
Together, we have worked to stay safe and together we will continue to ensure that our community remains as healthy as possible.
The COVID-19 Response Team
How to obtain an ID
For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:
- Take precautions and wear well-fitted masks covering your nose and mouth when visiting indoors especially with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
- Avoid indoor large-sized in-person gatherings
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers
Monday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
We can ship to your home or you can utilize our free curbside contactless pickup.
Pick up is located at the main campus building:
One Riverside Drive (GPS Address: 211 Riverside Drive)
East Hartford, CT 06118
- Follow the signs directing you around to the left side of building. You will see a sign that says, "Stop here for contactless bookstore pickup". Please stop and call the bookstore at (860) 727-6722.
- Provide your name, order number, and make and model of your vehicle.
- We will bring your order out to your car.
Rental books can be checked in at the contactless pickup area. Call the bookstore when you arrive (860) 277-6722. Please have your rental receipt or a piece of paper with your name and phone number written down. Rental books can also be shipped back to the store, please keep a copy of your tracking number.
Book BuybackWe are currently not honoring buyback or cash for books at the end of the semester, please try to sell your books on the bookstore website. There is a "Sell your Textbooks" link at the bottom of the page and then pick the option to sell online, this will redirect you to our partner Valore Books.
LibraryEffective Monday July 19th the Library hours will be:
|Monday–Thursday||8 a.m.–7 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m.–4 p.m.|
|Saturday||Virtual: We will be keeping our 1 day a month as previously advertised. This will be July 10th and August 21st. Our Saturday hours will be 8 a.m.–4 p.m.|
Exceptions: August 6th–16th Library hours
|Monday–Thursday||8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m.–12 p.m.|
|Saturday||Virtual chat coverage|
Student Break: Library will close @ 6pm with no Saturday hours.