Current Information and Updates
How to obtain an ID
ID pictures will be temporarily taken by security in the lobby of the main building (One Riverside Drive).
- There will be no ID's taken the first week of classes
- January 18–25, 2021 ID pictures will be taken between Monday–Friday during the hours of 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Effective February 1, 2021, ID pictures will resume to regular scheduled hours: Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m.–3 p.m.
All on-line students are not required to have a Goodwin ID until they are registered for an on-ground course (at that time you will follow the above procedure)
Questions regarding obtaining a Goodwin ID should be directed to Terry Antoine the Director of Human Resources.
For any student who misplaces their ID, there is a replacement fee of $10.00.
Monday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
We can ship to your home or you can utilize our free curbside contactless pickup.
Pick up is located at the main campus building:
One Riverside Drive (GPS Address: 211 Riverside Drive)
East Hartford, CT 06118
- Follow the signs directing you around to the left side of building. You will see a sign that says, "Stop here for contactless bookstore pickup". Please stop and call the bookstore at (860) 727-6722.
- Provide your name, order number, and make and model of your vehicle.
- We will bring your order out to your car.
Rental books can be checked in at the contactless pickup area. Call the bookstore when you arrive (860) 277-6722. Please have your rental receipt or a piece of paper with your name and phone number written down. Rental books can also be shipped back to the store, please keep a copy of your tracking number.
Book BuybackWe are currently not honoring buyback or cash for books at the end of the semester, please try to sell your books on the bookstore website. There is a "Sell your Textbooks" link at the bottom of the page and then pick the option to sell online, this will redirect you to our partner Valore Books.
Vizsafe Touchless Health Screening System
Goodwin University’s COVID-19 Response Team encourages you to use our new Vizsafe Touchless Health Screening System, located across from the Bookstore.
It is designed to ensure that you and those entering our facility are both healthy and safe.
By using this touchless system, we derive several benefits. We avoid:
- Having to approach the busy front desk area.
- Having to physically sign in.
- Having to get close enough to our Security Staff to have our temperature taken.
- Having to manually track who enters the building and when. Then, if any contract tracing is necessary, the system is easy to reference this information.
Initially, the Vizsafe system requires you to create a new account on the Vizsafe app on your smart phone.
Then within the app login, select "Create New Account"
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter your Goodwin University email address.
- Choose a password (At least 8 characters, containing an uppercase, lowercase, and a special character).
- Enter your cell phone number.
- Enter your zone address as staysafe.vizsafe.com (This field is mandatory)
- Enter your access code as 06118
An alternate way of utilizing the Vizsafe kiosk, without downloading the App to your cell phone, is to use your phone to access the web-based form for faculty, staff and students.
Using the system
- Once your account is created you will then be asked a brief series of COVID health related questions. Once you agree with these statements, the app will present you with a black QR code.
- Take this QR code to the kiosk, and point it at the scanning device.
- Once accepted, The kiosk will then prompt you to position your head in the human head outline on the kiosk device. Keep your head inside of the outline while the device takes your temperature.
- If your temperature is within the acceptable range, the kiosk will then give you a checkmark and your QR code will turn green. You are now cleared to enter the building.
If the QR code turns red, do not attempt to enter the building.
If you have trouble with any of these steps, go the security desk and they will help get you connected and ready.