Coronavirus COVID-19: Resources
First Choice Health Centers will be administering FREE COVID-19 testing at the East Hartford Farmers' Market on Fridays, July 31 through October 30, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., in the back parking lot of the East Hartford Public Library at 840 Main Street. Participants must wear face masks and follow social distancing measures.
Integrated Health Services, Inc. (IHS) is operating a full-service, licensed COVID-19 Antibody Test site in East Hartford. IHS currently administers the school-based health centers at the Goodwin University Magnet Schools and provides counseling services to Goodwin University students. IHS expanded its services in May to aid in the community's public health efforts. With the state and communities easing restrictions on social distancing, COVID-19 Antibody Test results may help to increase awareness of who may have been exposed and possibly developed antibodies to COVID-19. IHS is administering the tests at Stone Academy's main campus, 763 Burnside Avenue, East Hartford. For the safety of community members and staff, tests are being conducted by appointments. To learn more and set up an appointment, visit the IHS website and complete the registration form, www.integratedhealthservices.org.
Self-Isolation: 5 Things You Need to Know
Hoffman Family Library COVID-19 Toolkit
Internet Service Providers and Connectivity
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hotspots.
- Altice COVID-19 response: Offering Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for free for 60 days to any new K-12 and College household within their footprint.
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months: Free access to spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi For 60 days for new K-12 and College student households.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Comcast Internet Essentials Program - offers service enhancements and payment amnesty options to qualifying households (posted 4.15.20)
- Optimum is offering access through special Wi-fi hotspots - SSID:optimimwifiemergency. Call 866-200-9522 to enroll in Optimum region. Call 888-633-0030 to enroll in Suddenlink.
- Spectrum is offering free Wi-Fi to students for 60 days. Call 1-844-488-8395.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers but following the FCC agreement.
- COVID-19 Break Packets (Pre-K through Grade 8)
Open Local Businesses
- CTResponds! Connecticut's online volunteer system for the Emergency System for Advance Registration of Volunteer Health Professionals and other interested volunteers.