Veteran Services

Policies and Procedures


The certifying official is responsible for certifying your credits every term. Certifications will happen approx. 30 days before the semester starts. If you register late or change your enrollment, it is imperative that you make the certifying official aware of the changes to ensure that your certification is accurate. It is equally as important to send a copy of any Add, Drop, Withdrawal, or Change of Program forms to the certifying official.

Status change

If at any time you change from full-time to part-time status, you must report this change to the certifying official in the Registrar's Office.

Minimum requirements

Students receiving VA Educational Benefits must maintain satisfactory progress. If a student on VA Benefits falls below a 2.0 GPA over two consecutive semesters, this is reported to the VA as unsatisfactory progress and benefits are suspended. To reinstate your VA Benefits, you must complete one semester with a 2.0 GPA or higher.


Federal law requires that students report any changes in enrollment status immediately, as it may affect the disbursement of benefits. If you do not attend class, you are not entitled to benefits for that course. You must officially complete a Course Withdrawal Form with your department advisor and report the withdrawal to the Financial Aid and Business Offices.

Contact Veteran Services:

Craig Jordan
Veterans Coordinator
  • Phone860-913-2010
  • OfficeOne Riverside Drive - 217
  • Email
2024-2025 Military Friendly Gold Top 10 School   2024-2025 Military Spouse School Yellow Ribbon Program Best in the Northeast Region