Essential To-Do List

High school transcripts

Proof of high school graduation or equivalent OR sign a Certification of Attainment of a high school diploma or equivalent. High School Transcript Request forms are available in the Admissions Office. If you have already completed the request form with your admissions officer, Goodwin will take care of obtaining your High School/CT GED transcripts (you may start to receive automated emails regarding this until they are received). The Registrar’s Office will notify you if your high school/GED transcript is not received during your first semester.

Arrange to have any other official transcripts sent to our Registrar's Office.

College transcripts

Please make sure you send all official college transcripts directly to Goodwin as soon as possible. It is in your best interest to get all official transcripts to Goodwin as soon as possible. Delaying having your transcripts sent can result in registration issues.

How to submit official college transcripts:

  1. Request them electronically through your prior institution(s) to be sent directly to Goodwin University
  2. If you have an unopened hard copy, you can bring it to the Registrar’s Office (make sure it is in a sealed envelope)
  3. Prior institution(s) can mail transcripts directly to us at:
    Goodwin University
    c/o Transfer Counselor
    One Riverside Drive
    East Hartford, CT 06118


Proof is required of MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) immunization if you were born after January 1, 1957, and proof of Varicella (Chicken Pox) immunization or a physician's documentation that you had the disease if you were born after January 1, 1980.

Register for orientation

You will receive a message to both your personal email and phone from Student Affairs about New Student Orientation. You will be able access the New Student Orientation once Canvas opens for the semester, and have until the end of the semester to complete. If you have questions on New Student Orientation, please contact

How to get your books

You can purchase or rent your textbooks from the Goodwin University Bookstore, located in the main lobby of the main campus at One Riverside Drive, East Hartford, CT, beginning 21 days prior to the start of your scheduled classes. In order to purchase or rent your textbooks, you must have your Goodwin University picture ID with you. If you're traveling from a long distance, we highly recommend that you call the Bookstore at 860‑727‑6721 to make sure that the books required for your classes are in stock.