Bachelor's Degree Program in Public Safety and Security
Public Safety Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of all public safety program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in preparing and delivering professional oral presentations and researching and preparing concise written communications.
- Demonstrate competency in the research process as it applies to public safety and security.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a diverse workplace and multicultural society.
- Recognize ethical issues in public safety and security professions and apply a framework for addressing them.
- Identify problems and needs within public safety and security, review literature, collect data, and apply analytical skills in policy analysis and a research project.
- Explain and demonstrate strategic planning, policy development and policy analysis process.
- Demonstrate skills related to: grant writing, policy analysis, risk management and research.
- Identify sources of data and analyze qualitative and quantitative data.
- Articulate an awareness and understanding of the varied roles, relationships and responsibilities comprising professions in public safety and security.
- Defend the importance of evidence based decision making in public safety and security.
- Demonstrate theories and practices involving contemporary issues in public safety and security.
Additionally, graduates will complete the comprehensive learning outcomes of the General Education components.