The Connecticut Fallen Star Memorial
Honoring Those Who Served — and Their Families
Over 30,000 Connecticut men and women have given their lives in service to our country. They deserve our everlasting gratitude for the freedoms we enjoy today. A volunteer committee is working to bring the Fallen Star Memorial to Connecticut, specifically to East Hartford at Goodwin University.
Accompanying the Fallen Star Memorial will be three bronze statues that pay tribute to Gold Star Families. One depicts a seated woman holding a photo and dog tags of her beloved hero, contemplating the Fallen Star. Two other figures, a man and child paying their respects to their fallen heroes, will be positioned around the Star.
No matter the size of your gift, your support of our military heroes will live in perpetuity through the Connecticut Fallen Star Memorial.
Make a one-time gift or a monthly commitment to support this effort to honor our fallen heroes.
If you have questions about your donation, please contact:Rich McCarty
About the Artist
Will Hemsley is a painter and sculptor living and working on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. He received his BFA from St. Mary’s College of Maryland in 2005. His oil paintings of life on the Chesapeake Bay are popular among collectors, and his sculptures are featured prominently in the lobbies of numerous businesses and institutions across Maryland. Will’s artistic style builds on the great traditions of American Realism, and his sculptures and paintings have an expressionist boldness that captures the vitality and spirit of the region.
The Fallen Star Memorial Project Steering Committee
- Paul Barry, Veteran
- Paul Bucha, Veteran
- Catherine Cross, Gold Star Mother
- Martin D’Eramo, UTC
- Brad Davis, WDRC
- General F. Evon, Jr., CT National Guard
- Tom Flowers, American Legion
- Bob Forrester, Newman’s Own
- Will Hemsley, Artist
- Janet Jefford, American Legion Auxiliary
- Craig Jordan, Goodwin University
- John Larson, US Representative
- Jeffrey Lee, Old Guard
- Rich McCarty, Goodwin University
- Gary Minor, Goodwin University
- Brian Ohler, CT State Representative
- Bob Priest, VFW
- Thomas Saadi, Veterans Affairs
- Mark Scheinberg, Goodwin University
- Sharon Lea Sperling, Media Consultant
- Nancy Wyman, Lieutenant Governor