Credit By Exam
Principles in Manufacturing Mathematics (BMM 140) Credit by Exam (CBE) Information
In order to successfully test out of the BMM 140 course, students need to be able to solve Mathematics for Machine Technology problems including fractions, decimals, ratios, proportions, algebra, plane geometry, trigonometry, and Cartesian Coordinates.
The registration process to take the BMM 140 Credit by Exam (CBE) is quick and easy. In order to register for the BMM 140 CBE you must follow the steps below:
1. Complete the online registration form.
- Your eligibility to take the BMM 140 CBE will be verified based on your status as an active student and not having previously completed the BMM 140 course.
- You will receive an e-mail confirming that you are registered for the BMM 140 CBE. This registration is valid for 30 days.
- If you have not received your registration confirmation after one week, please contact Anne Marie Andrews, Administrative Assistant for the Business, Management, and Advanced Manufacturing department at (860) 913-2038 or AAndrews@goodwin.edu.
2. Schedule an exam date
- In order to take the BMM 140 CBE you need to schedule a day and time to take the exam with the Academic Success Center. You can contact the Academic Success Center by calling (860) 913-2090 or going to room 209 of the main building.
- You need to schedule an exam date and take the exam within 30 days from the receipt of the e-mail registration confirmation.
- If you do not complete the exam within 30 days of the receipt of the e-mail registration confirmation then you will need to register for the CBE again.
3. Pay the $100 Credit by Exam fee.
- Payment must be made to the Business Office at Goodwin College.
- You must bring the e-mailed confirmation of the BMM 140 CBE registration with you when you pay for the exam.
- You must request and keep a receipt of payment to be admitted to the exam.
On the day you have scheduled to take your CBE, you need to:
- Report to the Academic Success Center at the time you have scheduled to take the exam.
- Bring a picture id (such as a Goodwin College school ID, driver's license, or state ID card), your receipt of payment from the Business Office, e-mailed registration confirmation, a calculator, and a pencil.
- If you do not have this documentation with you, for whatever reason, you will not be allowed to take the exam on the day it is scheduled, and you will be required to reschedule your exam date.
In order to receive three credits for BMM 140 you must pass the CBE with a 73% or higher. If you receive a grade of 72% or lower, you must register and successfully complete the BMM 140 course.
Please allow 10 business days for the exam to be processed. Notification of the results of the BMM 140 CBE will be sent via e-mail.
- Taking the CBE will give you experiential credit for BMM 140 at Goodwin College, the credits earned via CBE are not transferable to another institution.
- Only currently enrolled students may take this exam. Credit will NOT be awarded, even for a passing score, unless you are currently enrolled at the time the exam is taken. If you have any questions please contact Kim Wennerberg.