- All Testing Center activities including scheduling, submitting and returning exams will occur electronically. Paper exams and Testing Administration Forms are no longer accepted.
- All testing appointments are by appointment only. Students are not permitted in the Testing Center without a confirmed appointment. Walk-Ins are not permitted.
- All exams must be scheduled in the Testing Center at least 5 days in advance, including make-up exams.
- Any student that is more than 15 minutes late to their appointment may need to reschedule their exam. In this case, the student will need to make arrangements with their instructor. A new TCA form may be needed
The Testing Center is located at One Riverside Drive, room 206.
The Testing Center is a university resource for students who have pre-approved academic testing accommodations, require a make-up, CBE, or other exam requiring an in-person proctor, that cannot be completed on Canvas.
Tests are proctored in the Testing Center by trained test proctors who are responsible for the security of all tests administered and for maintaining confidentiality. Test proctors ensure that students receive testing accommodations in a quiet and non-stressful environment.
It is recommended that students take exams with their instructor whenever possible in order to obtain any last minute information regarding the exam and to have any questions answered during the exam. Tools that may help further reduce distractions in your class include: noise cancelling headsets, ear plugs, etc.
Scheduling your exam
- Please discuss your approved testing accommodations as indicated in your current letter of accommodations, with your instructor as soon as possible in the term to determine where and when you will take your assessments.
- Student will email and their instructor to confirm testing accommodations have been discussed and are ready to schedule.
- Upon receipt of confirmation of testing plans, instructors are required to submit the exam in accessible Word or PDF format via email to with the completed Test Administration Form
- Email your testing appointment request to to schedule your exams at least 5 days in advance (that includes regular semester exams and quizzes, as well as finals). If you need to schedule an exam that is less than one week away, please contact to discuss availability.
- Student and Faculty will receive a confirmation email once student’s exam has been scheduled all exam materials have been received.
- Students will bring all materials approved by the instructor or listed in letter of accommodations
- Please discuss your testing situation with your instructor as soon as possible to determine where and when you will take your assessments.
- Student will email and their instructor to confirm testing plans have been discussed.
- Upon receipt of confirmation of testing plans, instructors are required to submit the exam in accessible PDF format via email to with the Test Administration Form
- Students are required to email testing appointment request to to schedule your exams at least 5 days in advance (that includes regular semester exams and quizzes AND finals). If you need to schedule an exam that is less than one week away, please contact to discuss availability.
- Student and Faculty will receive a confirmation email once student’s exam has been scheduled and all exam materials have been received.
- Students will bring any additional materials (calculators, paper, pencils, etc.) approved by the instructor.
- Bring your Goodwin University ID or other current photo ID such as state driver’s license, state ID or passport. Pictures of ID’s are not accepted as valid ID.
- Test must be completed within one sitting (within the time indicated in Letter of Accommodations or by instructor).
- Students must provide their own pencils, calculators (when permitted.)
- The Testing Center can provide students with noise canceling headphones, study carrels, a white noise machine and paper (if listed as an accommodation).
- Children are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- All personal belongings (including cell phones, smart watches, iPods, purses, etc.) must be placed in the designated bin in room 206.
- No food or drink is allowed in the testing room (Exceptions to this rule include students with medical conditions that require ease of access to certain medications, a snack, or a drink and will be listed as a testing accommodation).
- The integrity policy must be signed upon arrival.
- If you have a question about your exam the proctor will attempt to contact faculty, but many faculty are not on campus and are hard to reach. You will be advised to try to continue; or, to return the exam and to see your instructor. Proctors cannot answer questions about the exam.
- The Testing Center does not accept homework or other assignments
Information for instructors
- Students will discuss with you their approved testing accommodations as indicated in their current letter of accommodations, or will communicate their need to make-up exam that cannot be completed in Canvas.
- Student will email and copy the instructor to confirm testing has been discussed and is ready to schedule.
- Upon receipt of confirmation of testing appointment, instructors are required to:
- Email the exam in accessible Word or PDF format via email or confirm that the exam will be taken in Canvas and will deployed for the scheduled date and time, including extra time if student has this academic accommodation to
- Complete and email the Test Administration Form for each student for each exam via email to .
- All test materials, including a completed Test Administration Form must be emailed to at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled testing appointment.
- At no time are paper exams to be dropped off to the Testing Center.
- Any paper exams or Testing Administration Forms that are dropped off to the Testing Center will not be accepted.
- All faculty must include a phone number on the Test Administration Form where they can be reached in the event of an issue with the exam at the scheduled time.
- Scantrons are allowed to be used by students during exams. Scantrons must be provided by instructors, and must be picked up from the Testing Center after completion of exam.
- Instructors must ensure that online exams are available for student access at the beginning of their scheduled appointment. If the student reschedules their appointment, the exam must be made available for the new date and time. Also, instructors must ensure that extended time (per accommodations) is available to the student.