In addition to the immediate reward of knowing you are making a difference in people’s lives, volunteering also boosts your self-confidence, self-esteem and life satisfaction and gives you a sense of pride and identity. Because you are doing good for others and the community, volunteering promotes personal growth and a feeling of accomplishment and fulfillment.
Volunteering will also provide you with skills that can be invaluable to you and your career and provide you with opportunities to network and make contacts in the community.
Our community — our neighbors, schools, city — is stronger and better when generous people reach out and lend a helping hand.
Reasons why you should volunteer:
- It is an opportunity to make an impact.
- You will meet great new people who share your interests.
- You can use your talents in new and interesting ways.
- You will create memorable experiences for yourself and those around you.
- It is a great way to decide on a career path.
- You will develop new insights about yourself.
- You will be exposed to new experiences.
- It looks great on your resume.
- You will become empowered to effect change.
- You will develop new skills.
- You will learn about your local community.
- You will become a better you!