Faculty Senate Procedures – Spring 2014
- The Executive Committee meets once at least once in-between scheduled Senate meetings.
- The President collects website updates (e.g., meeting dates, times, etc.) and forwards them to the marketing and communication’s department at least once a semester.
- The secretary ensures that the agenda, minutes and any handouts from the open Faculty Senate meeting are stored on SharePoint.
Tier I Academic Affairs Committee
The mission of the Tier I Academic Affairs committee is to facilitate academic consistency across the Goodwin College curriculum. The committee reviews all interdepartmental policies, substantive changes to the department curriculum (e.g., new courses, prerequisite changes, etc.), reviews new programs and other recommendations from Tier I committees. The committee has 21 members (with the majority of the members having faculty status).
- The President of Faculty Senate is a permanent member whose rotation coincides with the senate elections.
- The other faculty members serve two year terms, and their rotation also coincides with Senate Elections.
- The President officially appoints the faculty to the Academic Affairs Committee and informs the Chair of Academic Affairs so that they can be added to the membership lists, etc.
- These representatives assume the responsibility to faithfully represent the Faculty Senate and act as a liaison between the Tier I committee and the Faculty Senate.
Faculty Senate Committees
Faculty Senate Nominating Committee
The Nominating Committee shall be a permanent subcommittee of the Faculty Senate with 5 or 7 members. This committee will act as the sole arbiter of Senate Officer Elections and will be the custodian of all ballots. The chair of the Nominating Committee will be the recipient of all election ballots. The Nominating Committee will certify and count the ballots and submit the results to the Faculty Senate in a timely fashion. Nominations for Senate Officers must be submitted to the Nominating Committee by August 1 or the nearest weekday, should it fall on a Saturday or Sunday of odd numbered years. The Chair of the Nominating Committee will be appointed by the Officers of the Senate for a two year term beginning in odd numbered years. Members of the Nominating Committee may not nominate Officers for elections as long as they serve on said committee.
Faculty Recognition Committee
The Faculty Recognition Committee shall be a permanent subcommittee of the Faculty Senate. The committee will work to recognize and raise awareness of faculty endeavors that advance the college’s mission and purposes.
Adjunct Faculty Committee
The Adjunct Faculty Committee shall be a permanent subcommittee of the Faculty Senate. The committee will work to advance efforts to integrate adjunct faculty into the college community.
Sabbatical Leave Committee
The Sabbatical leave Committee shall be a permanent subcommittee of the Faculty Senate. The Committee will review faculty applications for sabbatical leave. With the Dean of Faculty, the committee shall make recommendations, in accordance with Goodwin College policy, to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.