Transitions Food Pantry
What is Transitions?
The Transitions Food Pantry serves members of the Goodwin College community and is managed by a team of faculty, staff, and students.
As food prices continue to rise, unemployment and underemployment rates increase — a toxic combination of pressures. Our students are in school because they are seeking to enhance their employment prospects. Many come to us after having lost their jobs, seeking to retrain. For these students, their college years are a time of transition, which can include phases of acute need, and even homelessness.
According to FoodShare income guidelines, approximately 1,000 students and families may be eligible for food assistance.
For more information on how to receive food from the food pantry contact:
Student Affairs Office Coordinator
Please refer all other questions about Transitions Food Pantry to:
To Receive Assistance
- A student can stop in Student Affairs (217) to fill out both a TEFAP form and CT Nap, a food list. The TEFAP form is completed annually, however, the food list can be filled out every week as needed.
- All orders must be submitted before noon the day before the requested pickup time. Normal pick up hours are:
- Thursday, between 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Friday, between 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- To Receive Assistance - Students will pick up their food at One Pent Road in East Hartford. The food bags will have the student’s identification number and first & last initials on it. (Student will take those bags only.)