Student Orientation and Resources
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Satisfactory Academic Progress refers to the minimum academic standards all students enrolled at Goodwin must achieve in order to earn a degree at Goodwin College and maintain their financial aid eligibility.
SAP benchmarks (listed below) are determined based on the program and number of credits attempted and earned.
- Cumulative grade point average (CGPA) – finish with a minimum of 2.0
- Pace – determined by number of credits received by the number of credits attempted – finish with minimum of 66.7%
- Maximum time frame (MTF) – 150% times the normal time frame to complete a degree
The complete SAP benchmarks and more detailed information on SAP can be found on the SAP webpage.
How to avoid SAP
- Stay above a 2.0 CGPA and commit to passing each course.
- Always register for a manageable class schedule and avoid getting an F, W, UG or repeating a course.
- Plan to use the resources (listed below) provided by the Student Services Department:
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Success Workshops
- Accessibility Coordinator
For questions regarding SAP, please contact:M. Holly Saila-Ngita
Academic Progress Coordinator
- (860) 913-2142
- Room 143 (Registrar Office)