Welcome to Goodwin University!
Important Information for New Students
Below, please find important information for new students that will help you ease into your first semester.
Accessing the Student Portal:
In the student portal you be able to print your course schedule, view an unofficial academic transcript, register for future classes (your current schedule for the upcoming academic semester has already been reserved by your Academic Advisor), and update your personal information. Please keep in mind, when updating your personal information it may take 3-5 days for your changes to appear.
To access the student portal, please follow these steps:
- Login to myNavigator.
- Enter your student identification number (ID). This ID was provided to you when you completed your course registration with your Academic Advisor. It also appears on your student schedule. For the Personal Identification Number (PIN), enter the 6-digit PIN that you created when you registered for classes with your Academic Advisor.
If you haven’t created a PIN with your Academic Advisor, please contact the Information Technology department at 860‑727‑6743 for assistance.
If you experience difficulty accessing the student portal, please contact the Goodwin University Help Desk via email to or call 860‑727‑6743.
Accessing Your Student Email Account:
Your student email account is the only email address from which you will receive College communications. We highly recommend that you check your email daily, so that you are up-to-date with important college information and communications.
With our new Office 365 cloud solution, you are able to configure your email directly to your mobile device. For further instructions, please visit: goodwin.edu/current-students. On this webpage, in the right margin under the heading of IT, you will see links for “Outlook Web App Android Setup” & “Outlook Web App iPhone Setup.” Please follow the directions provided.
To access your Goodwin University email address, please follow these steps:
- Login to myNavigator.
- Once logged in, click on the email icon.
- Enter your username – Your username is (Your 9-digit Student ID number) @student.goodwin.edu. Please note: your username is your student identification number referenced above.
- Enter your password – (Your 6-digit SonisWeb PIN code). Please note: your password is the PIN number that was created in the student portal.
Here’s an example:
Student: John Doe
If you experience difficulty accessing your student email account, please contact the Goodwin University Help Desk via email to or call 860‑727‑6743.
Learning More About Your Financial Aid Information:
As you know, for your initial two semesters you completed the financial aid process in person with your financial aid officer. That is when you accepted the awards offered to you.
During your initial meeting, you were asked to sign the Master Acknowledgement Form. One option on that form was to give Goodwin University permission to accept future awards for you. If you gave us permission to do so, you will not have to accept your awards on NetPartner for future semesters.
You are encouraged to view the awards that Goodwin has accepted on your behalf on the NetPartner site. This will give you the opportunity to ask that modifications be made to your awards, if necessary, as well as monitor what you have borrowed through the federal loan programs.
In the event you chose not to give Goodwin permission to accept future awards for you, you would need to go the NetPartner site and accept, decline, or modify the awards that are in a pending status. Please remember you have five days to accept the awards on NetPartner (once notified they are ready to be accepted). All of your personal information is being housed in a secure environment.
To access your financial aid information, please follow these steps:
- Log onto goodwin.edu/netpartner.
- At the login screen enter your student ID. This is the same student ID used to access the student portal and your Goodwin University student email account.
- Select the “First Time User” link. You will be directed to a security page where you will be asked to provide answers to two security questions. Next, you will be asked to enter your date of birth. You must enter your date of birth as mm/dd/yyyy. (If your date of birth is January 15, 1980, you would enter 01/15/1980.) Once you answer the security questions, you will be asked to create your unique five character password. Please note: it is not in your best interest to share your password with anyone. Sharing your password puts the security of your financial aid information at risk.
- Select the “Accept Awards” tab and your financial aid offer will be displayed.
- Use the checkboxes located on the right to either accept or decline your financial aid award.
- Press the “Submit” button to send the acceptance/declination of your awards to the Goodwin University Financial Aid Office.
Please remember: you have already secured financial aid for your first two semesters and do not need to do anything more. The information above is being provided to you for your next award year; eight months after your initial enrollment. If you decline your award, the Goodwin University Accounting Department will be prompted to send you an invoice for the amount of the declined award.
If you would like a personal appointment with a Financial Aid Advisor to go over this process or should you have any questions, please call the Financial Aid Department at 860‑727‑6723 for assistance.
Purchasing or Renting Your Textbooks:
You can purchase or rent your textbooks from the Goodwin University Bookstore, located in the main lobby of the main campus at One Riverside Drive, East Hartford, CT, beginning 21 days prior to the start of your scheduled classes. In order to purchase or rent your textbooks, you must have your Goodwin University picture ID with you. If you’re traveling from a long distance, we highly recommend that you call the Bookstore at 860‑727‑6721 to make sure that the books required for your classes are in stock.
Thank you for choosing Goodwin University. We are excited to have you join our family!
Wishing you every success!
Director of Admissions