Goodwin College Foundation
About the Foundation
The Goodwin College Foundation supports the mission of Goodwin College to extend educational opportunities to underserved populations by fundraising for scholarships and other initiatives. It fosters change in the individual and the community by financially supporting the initiatives and mission of Goodwin College. With the guidance of an independent board of directors, the Foundation identifies key strategic fundraising goals and cultivates donors through major giving, annual fund, and alumni giving campaigns.
Through a coordinated plan of institutional giving and scholarships, the Foundation supports educational access for a wide range of students, including the over half of Goodwin students who are first generation college students. The Foundation seeks to support those students who have both an acute financial need, and have demonstrated the desire to achieve academic success.
The Goodwin College Foundation serves as both the College’s fundraising arm for charitable contributions and the College’s endowment
The Goodwin College Foundation's Purpose:
- Enable alumni, the East Hartford community, and others to support the mission of Goodwin College through contributions.
- Enable donors to support Goodwin College students through scholarship support.
- Empower donors to promote change in the community.
- Enhance the relationship between alumni and friends with the College.
- Build a community committed to enhancing the lives of those seeking to make their world and others' better.
- Ensure the viability of the College and the work it does for students and the community.
Goodwin College Foundation was formed as a separate 501(c)(3) from Goodwin College in 2000, when the College was still for-profit, to enable the College to begin accepting charitable donations from the community.
The Foundation began actively fundraising in 2006 with the launch of an annual golf tournament. In 2009, the Foundation grew once again to broaden its efforts through the formal launch of an annual campaign, and in 2010, major gifts. By 2010, the Foundation again restructured to expand the role and scope of its board of directors to serve as an active fundraising board. Today, the Foundation board has grown to 15 members and the Foundation itself is well over $9,000,000.
The Goodwin College Foundation
One Riverside Drive, East Hartford, CT 06118
email@example.com | 860.291.9934