A Master’s in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) program emphasizes ethical practices and human dynamics, and blends business planning with a manager’s capacity to motivate groups.
As students consider graduate school to advance their business career, they often wonder which degree path will best support their professional goals. Some wonder if the investment in a master’s degree is worth it at all. At Goodwin, for example, we often hear prospective students ask whether a Master’s in Organizational Leadership is a good degree, or whether they should pursue an alternative like an MBA (Master’s in Business Administration). You too may be wondering, “Is a Master’s in Leadership worth it?”
The straightforward answer is YES, if you want to accelerate your career and advance your leadership skills.
A Master’s in Organizational Leadership is a great degree path for anyone with an entrepreneurial pursuit, looking to hone the skills needed to launch and run a business successfully. An MSOL degree is also an excellent option for students looking to become leaders in an organization or climb the executive ladder at their company. Unlike an MBA degree, the MSOL is a people-oriented degree, focused on organizational structure, talent management, business ethics, and team leadership. This Master’s in Leadership is designed to develop the next generation of leaders.
If you’re looking to become a business owner or lead a company to success, a Master’s in Leadership will be a worthwhile and meaningful graduate degree in meeting your career goals. Still not convinced?
Below are four reasons why a Master’s in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) is a worthy degree.
1. Study to Become Your Best Self
A Master’s in Leadership is not only valuable in various professional environments; the distinction also proves advantageous in everyday life.
Enrolling in a Master’s in Organizational Leadership program ensures that students study the essential soft skills they need to succeed — in any situation! From effective communication to conflict resolution, an MSOL curriculum teaches learners to be in tune with their authentic selves, genuinely connect with others, and develop the confidence to captivate a room.
Graduate students earning a degree in Organizational Leadership can expect to uncover their internal strengths and weaknesses and overcome any obstacles that may have previously held them back. An MSOL education also instructs the leaders of tomorrow on sustainable, strategic decision-making and how soft skills like empathy can propel even personal productivity and performance.
2. Learn the Language of Leadership
Between talent and operational management, mitigating risk, managing employees, and inspiring teams, Organizational Leadership graduates are prepared to positively impact work cultures. Since the graduate degree is a Science discipline, MSOL alumni use analytics to assess executive decisions and provide innovative, data-driven solutions to today’s toughest workplace challenges. Graduates of MSOL programs also expand diversity, equity, and inclusivity initiatives and persistently empower communities. As a result, former MSOL students create safe, supportive spaces where workers have the passion and the recourses to reach their full potential — enhancing the workplace experience while simultaneously advancing a business’s bottom line.
3. Earn Your Leadership Degree on a Flexible Schedule
Goodwin University understands that students have busy schedules — whether you’re employed full-time, caring for a loved one, or both, we found a way to make it work.
The advantages of applying to Goodwin’s flexible Master’s in Leadership program:
- Goodwin University designed the MSOL program for your convenience — giving students the ability to earn their degree in as little as 20 months part-time.
- That’s not all! Prospective Goodwin students don’t have to take the typical graduate record examination (GRE) to apply to the MSOL graduate program.
- And, with the institution’s tuition transparency, investing in yourself is easier than ever — so you can consider all college costs upfront before you begin.
- Don’t have time to come to campus? You don’t have to! Goodwin’s flexible leadership courses are offered in hybrid or entirely online formats. Future leaders can also start classes in the fall or spring — and study year-round.
4. Gain Valuable Competencies for Your Career
Master’s in Organizational Leadership programs prepare graduates to develop the people and the talents pivotal to an organization’s success. Consequently, MSOL graduates acquire the following strong skillsets throughout the course of their program:
- Conducting business research to guide organizational missions and visions
- Designing and launching professional education and training programs
- Developing and implementing organization-wide policies
- Interpersonal psychology in professional environments
- Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Sustainable organizational strategy, and more.
Did you know? Goodwin University’s Career Services team offers career coaching, assistance with resumes and cover letters, interview preparation, and more to students and alumni — for free, forever.
5. Achieve Higher Employability and Earning Potential
A Master’s in Leadership is an advanced degree with an optimistic outlook — opening doors to personal and professional career growth. The statistics listed below include recent enrollment, earnings, and the economic impact of master’s degree holders.
- The National Student Clearinghouse published that while enrollment for associate and bachelor’s degrees fell 9.7% in 2020 and 4.9% in 2021, master’s degree enrollment increased by 6% in 2020 and 4.6% in 2021.
- A report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics stated that people in the United States with a high school diploma earn an average of $746 per week. At the same time, college graduates obtain $1,248 each week, while those who receive master’s degrees make nearly $1,500 per week.
- The Pew Research Center affirmed that since the COVID-19 pandemic began, people with advanced degrees are significantly less impacted by the economic effects of the pandemic than less-educated groups.
Having a Master’s in Leadership listed on your résumé will cause you to stand out and set you apart from other career candidates. The versatile achievement also prepares future job seekers and small business owners for today’s competitive market.
As a bonus, an MSOL degree is applicable across numerous sectors such as corporate, education, government, manufacturing, marketing, non-profit, and more. With an MSOL, practically no matter your professional goals, you’ll have the advanced degree, network, skills, and tools to get you there.
MSOL courses train tomorrow’s marketable leaders to connect, collaborate, mentor, and make a lasting difference in long-term organizational success — preparing graduates to influence organizations across various industries.
With hands-on, “do-something-about-it” mentalities, MSOL learners hone their talents and graduate from Goodwin with leadership styles that shine.
Are you ready to become an effective leader prepared to make a positive impact in the lives of others? Click here to learn more about earning your Master’s in Organizational Leadership.