For effective change to take place within an organization, the leaderships need to act, communicate, and manage in a way that is exemplary, so that they can build a level of trust with their employees. The more trust that is established, the more change (whether it be a new process or a new organizational structure) can be embraced effectively by employees.
That trust, however, does not form overnight. That trust is built over time by leaders who take the time to understand not only their business, but also their people. Those leadership skills are important for an organization’s success, making a Master’s in Leadership degree extremely valuable in today’s ever-changing workforce. Goodwin College’s Master’s in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) degree focuses on providing you with the necessary tools to positively affect change within any organization. Here are five reasons to pursue a Master’s in Organizational Leadership at Goodwin.
- Explore many career options. Management occupations are on the rise, and Goodwin’s Master’s in leadership program offers a diverse and versatile curriculum that can be applied to a variety of careers and industries upon graduation. An MSOL program is designed to help you move up the career ladder by supplementing your technical background with the necessary managerial skills that a leadership role requires.
- Stand out to employers. Employers place a high value on problem solving skills and critical thinking skills, especially when it comes to managing people. Having a Master’s in Leadership will not only provide you with the skills necessary to prove to your employer that you can to be successful in your current role, but also take on more responsibilities that would lead a leadership position within your organization.
- Make a higher salary. Studies have shown that individuals with an advanced degree, such as a Master’s in Leadership, tend to make a higher income than those with only a bachelor’s degree. According to the Federal Reserve, over the last decade, almost all of the growth in the wage premium attributable to college education was due to advanced degrees: Holders of advanced degrees, on average, earn a 30 percent wage premium over those holding solely a bachelor’s degree.
- Enroll in a flexible program. It used to be extremely difficult for an individual to pursue an advanced degree, especially with all of life’s demands pulling them in a million directions besides the classroom. Today, flexible MSOL degree programs are designed for working adults, allowing you to pursue a Master’s degree on your own terms. Goodwin’s Master in Leadership program, for example, allows you to obtain your degree while still working full-time or part-time. We offer a hybrid format that combines online, graduate leadership classes with face-to-face training, making the optimal learning environment for a working adult.
- Pay a Manageable tuition. Yes, higher education comes at a price, but that tuition price is more affordable than you may think! Our tuition for the MSOL Program is affordable, and we have a team of dedicated financial aid advisors that will work you to build a financial aid package that is manageable for your individual needs. Goodwin’s financial aid advisors will also work with you to identify specific grants and scholarships for MSOL-seeking students, to help offset the cost of pursuing a Master’s in Leadership.
You already have the leadership qualities, now it’s time to gain the leadership skills and degree needed to thrive in today’s competitive workforce. This is all obtainable through Goodwin’s Master’s in Leadership program in Connecticut. Learn more today by calling 800-889-3282 or visit us online.
Goodwin University is a nonprofit institution of higher education and is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), formerly known as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Goodwin University was founded in 1999, with the goal of serving a diverse student population with career-focused degree programs that lead to strong employment outcomes.