On March 23, 2019 Goodwin College kicked off the 20th anniversary festivities with the inaugural Goodwin Awards. Emceed by Damon & Cory from Country 92-5, the evening was filled with fun, food, and friendship. The main event for the evening was the honoring of two outstanding alumni of the College; an important and valued community partner; and our own retiring executive vice president and provost, Ann Clark, for her more than 20 years of service to Goodwin College.
Janice Hahn ’13 Received the Alumni Professional Achievement Award
As a very committed and focused individual, Janice went on to attain her BSN in the RN-BSN program in 2013. Janice continued her education and achieved her Master’s in Nursing at another institution. Janice has distinguished herself in the nursing community since graduating from Goodwin.
- Janice adopted and implemented the Association for periOperative Nurses’ curriculum, taking it from a home grown curriculum to an online program.
- Since July 2016, Janice has had the role of Nurse Educator for Perioperative Services at Hartford Hospital.
- Janice expanded the student version of this curriculum so that additional student nurses could experience the operating room. Her efforts are critically important in addressing pressing issues facing operating rooms across the country.
- Janice participated in reestablishing an accredited surgical technology program.
- Janice teaches two courses, pathophysiology and pharmacology.
Lee Housley ’13 & ’15 Received the Alumni Service Award
Lee graduated from Goodwin College in 2013 with an associate degree in business administration and then in 2015 with a Bachelor of Science in Management and Leadership. Lee has remained connected to the College and works hard to give back to the programs that helped her reach professional success. Lee currently works for Paradigm Precision as a Talent Development Manager and graduated with a master’s in Organizational Psychology at the University of Hartford in 2019.
- Lee currently serves as a member of the Goodwin College Foundation Board of Directors and is a member of the audit committee.
- Lee is the leader of the Alumni Association and Alumni Leadership committee.
- Lee is also a member of the Management and Leadership advisory board and often volunteers as an interviewer at the Mock Interview events hosted by the Business Administration program.
- She gives her time, talent, and treasure to Goodwin College Foundation, recruiting volunteers, participating in every fund raising event, running the Alumni table at Grad Expo, and more.
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center Received the Navigator Award
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center was instrumental when Goodwin College was starting a nursing program in 2003. To date, Goodwin currently has over 300 students in the program and has licensed over 1500 Nurses.
- Saint Francis supported Goodwin’s educational vision and recognized the College’s ability to produce quality nurses for today’s workforce across all nursing disciplines.
- Saint Francis has recognized that Goodwin College recruits great people to become great nurses.
- Supporting these nurses is a fantastic administrative team led by Dr. Rodis. We thank him for continuing to be a valuable partner in making Connecticut a vibrant place for today’s nurses.
Ann Clark Received the Honorary Alumni Award
Ann Clark served as Goodwin’s Executive Vice President and Provost since the College’s 1999 inception until 2019, when she was named Provost Emerita. Before joining Goodwin, her career experience included more than 25 years in leadership and faculty roles in the private occupational business sector plus several years as a public high school English teacher. Ann holds a BA in English Education from the University of Connecticut and an MBA from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. She served as a member of the Advisory Committee on Accreditation for the State of Connecticut from 2010 to 2013 and was a 2014 class member of Leadership Greater Hartford’s Summit Program for Advanced Leaders.
- Ann was awarded the very first Honorary Alumna award at Goodwin for her selfless service to our students over the past 20 years. In addition to her dedication to putting students first, she and her husband, David, have made a leadership gift to perpetuate the student food pantry.
- At the 2019 Goodwin Awards, President Mark Scheinberg said “Ann’s fearlessness, along with her ability to make tough decisions in a very, very honest and authentic way,” has earned her the respect and admiration of Goodwin students and colleagues alike. As for her legacy, Ann reflected that she dedicated herself on creating “a safe, supportive environment where hard-working students can thrive and reach their highest personal and professional potential.”
The evening was a great success with all in attendance enjoying the evening. We are excited to report that we raised around $18,000 with all proceeds going to the Alumni Scholarship Fund.
To see all of the photos from the event go to: Goodwin Foundation Facebook
Goodwin University is a nonprofit institution of higher education and is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), formerly known as the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Goodwin University was founded in 1999, with the goal of serving a diverse student population with career-focused degree programs that lead to strong employment outcomes.