Meet The Team
Vice President for Enrollment, Marketing & Communications
- Favorite Color: Yellow
- Favorite Food: Rib Eye Steak
- Something You Don't Know About Me: I was once a very shy person.
- Favorite Thing About My Job: Playing a small role in the success of our students
What makes Goodwin so special, in my opinion, is the caring, compassionate approach of every College employee. We don't look at our role as a job but more as a mission.
Director of Marketing and Communications
- Favorite Color: Neon Green
- Favorite Food: Lobster
- Something You Don't Know About Me: I spent the early part of my life as an actor.
- Favorite Thing About My Job: Helping increase awareness of the amazing work happening at Goodwin College.
I thrive on creativity and am thrilled to be working with the creative team at Goodwin. My interests include live theatre, all kinds of music, and travel. I work out… grudgingly. I put a very high value on friendship.
Digital Design and Content Coordinator
- Favorite Movie: Office Space
- Favorite Food: Chocolate
- Some Things You Don't Know About Me: I once worked at Walt Disney World and how to pronounce my name...Sharissa.
- Favorite Thing About My Job: No two days are ever the same.
I joined the team in 2011 and have successfully completed a number of web and print projects for Goodwin. I love dogs, have a healthy obsession with the color orange, and enjoy being crafty and taking on home improvement projects.
Senior Graphic Designer
- Favorite Color: Orange
- Favorite Food: Bacon
- Something You Don't Know About Me: I have webbed toes and I've never been in an outhouse.
- Favorite Thing About My Job: The positive environment and having the ability to create a variety of diferent things every day.
I joined the Communications team in the summer of 2011 and can't complain. I really enjoy working at Goodwin College and couldn't have asked for a better team. When I'm not at work, I like to drive my car, ride my snowmobile in the winter, and spend time on the lake or by a campfire in Maine during the summer. I enjoy hiking, biking, running, hooping, and generally anything outside. I'm a pretty upbeat girl and tend to be smiling the better part of, if not all day. Love the life you live. Live the life you love.
Senior Marketing Coordinator
- Favorite Color: Pink
- Favorite Food: Chicken
- Something You Don't Know About Me: I am obsessed with Hello Kitty.
- Favorite Thing About My Job: Creativity is embraced. I have the ability to think big and execute ideas.
I joined the team in 2012. I graduated from ECSU in December 2009 with a BS in Communication, minor in Spanish, and concentration in Advertising. I'm extremely energetic, motivated, and I love a good laugh. When I'm not at work, I enjoy making jewelry, working out, and spending time with friends and family.
Media Relations Coordinator
- Favorite Color: Grey (Don’t judge, I’m partially colorblind!)
- Favorite Food: Curry
- Something You Don't Know About Me: When I’m passionate about something, I sometimes speak so loudly that I end up accidentally shouting.
- Favorite Thing About My Job: Being a part of a driven, talented creative team.
I joined the Goodwin team in May 2014 after many years in journalism, and I’m thrilled to be here! I have a serious passion for communication and a personal need for creative fulfillment. When I’m not working, I enjoy heroic movies, terrifying fiction, and debating the fundamentals of good storytelling. I also love to travel, and hope to someday visit the west coast to complete my tour of all 50 states.
- Favorite Movie: Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2
- Favorite Food: Pizza
- Some Things You Don't Know About Me: I hate seafood, I’m addicted to sweets, and I’ve never seen any of the Star Wars films.
I joined the Goodwin College Marketing and Communications team on November 10, 2014. I genuinely enjoy working at Goodwin and I am super happy that I get to work with such an awesome group of creative, inspiring people. I married my best friend, Renée, in June, 2008. We live in an old house in Granby, CT with our dog, Birdie, and our two kids, Canaan (born August, 2013), and Sage (Born December, 2016). I’m pretty good at finding humor in almost anything; it's likely a defense or coping mechanism. I generally don’t take myself too seriously. I’m a big fan of Netflix and Hulu binging, music, freedom of the press, design, environmental conservation, comedy, 80s and 90s things, free speech, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, trolling my son, pizza, separation of Church and State, Mexican food, democracy, the outdoors, the indoors, acceptance, and all animals are adorable, even bats. Maybe not eels.
Unofficial Departmental Mascot
- Favorite Color: Yellow
- Favorite Food: Water
- Something You Don't Know About Me: I will be delicious!
- Favorite Thing About My Job: All the sunlight i get through the window.
I was born in Hawaii, and recently came to Connecticut. In the Spring of 2013, Sami found me in the produce department and decided to try and make me grow. Shortly after that, I was adopted by the department as an unofficial mascot. I have a great view by the window, but frankly I'm a little bit scared by the hungry looks that I get every day. I think they may in fact be planning to eat me. If anyone is reading this, please help me!
Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
- Favorite Color: Pink
- Favorite Food: Cheeseburgers!
- Favorite Movie: Jaws
- Favorite Thing About My Job: Making things every day.
I live in Colchester with my wife, our two kids, and our cat. I love making things, and I enjoy art, music, fresh air, new ideas, and the company of creative and thoughtful people.
- Favorite Color: Turquoise
- Favorite Food: Fries
- Something You Don't Know About Me: I'm a huge Harry Potter fan... I can quote entire sections of the books/movies.
I joined the team in February 2017 which makes me the newest (and youngest!) member of the group. After graduating from Miami University in May, I'm excited to launch my career in marketing and communications as a member of Goodwin family. I'm an avid podcast listener, enjoy collaging and crafting in my spare time, and am a self-proclaimed crazy cat lady.