Associate in Respiratory Care
Respiratory Therapy Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of all respiratory therapist program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency as a respiratory care practitioner, as described by the National Board of Respiratory Care and the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.
- Assist physicians in diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients affected by cardiopulmonary disorders.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply and evaluate information relevant to his/her role as a respiratory care practitioner.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in all skills necessary to fulfill the role as a respiratory care practitioner.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors consistent with employer expectations for a respiratory care practitioner.
- Demonstrate basic competencies in alternate care sites (i.e., homecare, rehabilitation centers, and long-term mechanical ventilator centers).