Credit By Exam
MATH 125 Credit by Exam (CBE) Information
In order to successfully test out of the MATH 125 course, students need to be able to solve drug dosage problems using both proportions and dimensional analysis.The registration process to take the MATH 125 Credit by Exam (CBE) is quick and easy. In order to register for the MATH 125 CBE you must follow the steps below:
- Complete the online registration form.
- In order to be eligible to take the CBE, your status as a student and your non-enrollment in any prior MATH 125 course will be verified.
- Please wait one full week to receive your e-mail confirmation of your registration. If you have not received your registration confirmation after one week, please contact Beverly Carter at (860) 913-2182 or via e-mail at BCarter@goodwin.edu.
- In order to take the exam you need to schedule a day and time to take the exam with the Academic Success Center. You can contact the Academic Success Center by calling (860) 913-2090, e-mailing ASCStaff@goodwin.edu, or going to room 209 of the main building.
- Payment must be made to the Accounting Department at Goodwin College.
- You must bring the e-mailed confirmation of the MATH 125 CBE registration with you when you pay for the exam.
- You must request and keep a receipt of payment to be admitted to the exam.
- Report to the Academic Success Center at the time you have scheduled to take the exam.
- Bring a picture id (such as a Goodwin College school ID, driver's license, or state ID card), your receipt of payment, a calculator, and a pencil.
- If you do not have this documentation with you, for whatever reason, you will not be allowed to take the exam on the day it is scheduled, and you will be required to reschedule your exam date.
In order to receive three credits for MATH 125 you must pass the CBE with a 73% or higher. If you receive a grade of 72% or lower, you must register and successfully complete a MATH 1XX course.Please Note:
- Taking the CBE will give you credit for MATH 125 at Goodwin College, the credits earned via CBE are not transferable to another institution.
- Only currently enrolled students may take this exam. Credit will NOT be awarded, even for a passing score, unless you are currently enrolled at the time the exam is taken. If you have any questions please contact, Kimberly Wennerberg.