IMPORTANT 2013 GRADUATION INFORMATION
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
Your graduation commencement ceremony will be held outside (rain or shine) on Thursday, June 6, 2013, at 6:30 p.m. at the Goodwin College main campus, One Riverside Drive, East Hartford, CT (graduates need to arrive by 5:30 p.m.).
Award of Credential Application
You filled out your Award of Credential Application on the Goodwin College website. Filling this out does not necessarily indicate that you are eligible to graduate. The Registrar will have to make a formal review of your transcript and approve you for graduation.
Caps, Gowns & Tassels
- Everyone participating in the ceremony is required to wear a cap and gown. Gowns will be custom-fit rentals only.
- At the conclusion of commencement, you will be asked to return your gown only in the Goodwin College Auditorium where you originally picked them up.
- Please order your cap and gown online by May 2, 2012!
- To order your cap, gown and tassel, click here.
- You will also have the opportunity to purchase program-specific tassels for $5.00 each on the day of Class Night, Monday, June 3, 2013 or the Tuesday and Wednesday leading up to graduation and on graduation day (contact firstname.lastname@example.org if purchasing Thursday-Saturday).
Fees For Graduates Receiving Certificates
- ONLY graduates receiving a Collegiate Certificate will need to pay $40.00 for the cost of the cap and tassel.
- This can be paid in our Accounting Department before you pick up your cap and gown on June 3, 4 or 5, 2013.
You can pick up your cap, gown and tassel at the Class Night on Monday, June 3, 2013 beginning at 3:00 p.m. If you are unable to do so, caps, gowns and tassels will be available June 4 and 5, 2013 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Email email@example.com to make those arrangements.
- Only 4 tickets per graduate will be distributed when you pick up your cap and gown. Ticketholders can sit in designated seating.
- Non-ticketholders may attend if they bring a lawn chair to set up beyond the designated seating.
- Parking is first-come, first-serve, so please tell your family and friends to carpool if possible.
- No balloons!
Important to Remember
- Graduates must arrive by 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 6, 2013 in preparation for the graduation ceremony.
- Check in is in the Goodwin College Auditorium. Once checked in you will begin lining up by your major.
- Your program director and other staff will assist you.
Mark Your Calendar with Important Dates
- Cap and Gown Pick Up: Monday, June 3, 2013, Auditorium, 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. (or Tuesday and Wednesday, June 4 and 5, 2013 by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Class Night & Graduation Rehearsal: Monday, June 3, 2013 (more information included with mailing) Click here to RSVP
- Graduation Commencement Ceremony: Thursday, June 6, 2013, Goodwin College River Campus – graduates must arrive at 5:30 p.m., guests by 6:30 p.m.
2013 Senior Class Gift
Every year, members of the graduating class will make a donation in honor of their class year to the Goodwin College Foundation. Give $13 today in honor of your graduating class and leave your legacy!
Questions? Email Career Services:
Last Modified: 5/13/2013Scroll