Goodwin College is approved by the State Approving Agency, Connecticut State Department of Higher Education, to offer VA approved education and training programs to veterans and their qualified dependents who are under select chapters or sections of the reserves such as:
Chapter 30 (MGIB - Active Duty)
Section 1606 (MGIB - Select Reserves)
Section 1607 (Reserve Education Assistance Program)
Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GIBill)**
Chapter 31 (VA Vocational Rehabilitation)
Chapter 35 (Dependents Education Assistance)
To determine eligibility, a Veteran or qualifying dependent will need to submit:
- DD-214 (discharge form)
- Percentage of eligibility letter. Please visit www.GIBILL.va.gov.
- FAFSA form. www.FAFSA.ed.gov
** Post 9/11 GIBill Information:
Goodwin College is participating in The Yellow Ribbon GI Educational Enhancement Program, which supplements any additional tuition not covered by Post 9/11/2001 and has received an honorable discharge. This program became eligible after August 1, 2009.
- Tuitions and fees are paid directly to the school. Payment is not to exceed the maximum in state tuition and fees at a public institute of Higher Education.
- If enrolled exclusively in on line training, housing allowance will not be available.
- Monthly housing allowances are provided for all other courses.
- Annual books and supplies stipend of $1,000 are paid based on enrollment.
Last Modified: 11/2/2012Scroll