What is Financial Aid?
Financial aid is any assistance you receive to help pay for tuition, books, and supplies.
This may include:
- Federal, State, or Institutional Grants
- Federal/Private Loans
We realize that applying for financial aid can be a daunting process. At Goodwin, you will work with a personal Financial Aid Officer who will help you create a financial plan that is just as unique as you are. Our goal is to assist you in understanding your financial package and put you on a path to success.
In addition to government grants and loans, Goodwin College awards more than $2 million annually to students. This assistance helps a large number of students realize their dream of completing college. It's important to note that most Goodwin College students begin class with little or no out-of-pocket expense.
Let's get started with FAFSA!
The first step in applying for financial aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- You will need to create a PIN number for this site. This is a secret identification number, so do not share this with anyone. You will need to create a PIN for yourself (if you are dependent, your parent will need a PIN as well). To create a PIN, log onto: www.PIN.ed.gov. **Note: Your PIN number is a secret identification number; do not share this number with anyone.
- Next, log into: www.FAFSA.ed.gov to complete the FREE application. Please be sure to enter the Goodwin College school code: 015833.
What you will need to complete your FAFSA
You will need to have your financial information handy when completing this form.
If you and/or your parents filed a Federal Tax return, you will need to enter Federal Tax Return information into this system. Note: If you are a dependent student, (which is determined by the FAFSA based on how you answer some basic questions), you will need to provide your parent’s Federal Tax Return information as well.
- Your family may be able to electronically import Federal Tax information directly into the FAFSA from the IRS. Please note that when entering personal information into the IRS import screen, that your name and address must match IDENTICALLY (spelling and abbreviations) to your 1040 return. Example: If your address is 123 Main Street, do NOT enter in 123 Main St. This will result in a mismatch.
- If you are unable to successfully import tax information, you may be required to submit a Return Transcript to the Financial Aid Office. You can request your Return Transcript by calling 1-800-908-9946 or www.IRS.gov It may take up to 15 business days for you to receive this document.
If you or your parent did not file a Federal Tax return, please answer “Non-Filer” and be prepared to give your Financial Aid Officer documents of how you and your family were financially supported.
**Note: If you are a male student between the ages of 18 and 25, in order to qualify for Federal Student Aid, you must register with the Selective Service. Follow this link to complete the quick form.
Goodwin College will receive a FAFSA form submitted to the school within 5 business days.
Last Modified: 10/24/2014Scroll