Lottery Priority Information for Goodwin Students And Employees
Admission to the Goodwin magnet schools is determined annually through a random online lottery conducted by the Regional School Choice Office (RSCO) of the Connecticut State Department of Education. Goodwin University’s current employees and students are eligible to receive priority status when applying to a Goodwin University Magnet School program. This is known as lottery priority.
- Connecticut River Academy at Goodwin University (CTRA) is a 6-12 grade magnet school serving CT students.
- Riverside Magnet School at Goodwin University (RMS) is a magnet elementary school offering exceptional educational opportunities for children pre-K 3-grade 5.
- Early College Advanced Manufacturing Pathway (ECAMP) is a half-day program that serves grade 12 students.
Most available openings are at entry grade levels: grade 6 and grade 9 for CTRA and pre-K and kindergarten for RMS. Openings at non-entry grade levels are extremely limited.
RSCO lottery application period for 2024-2025 school year
Opens December 4, 2023 and closes March 15, 2024.
Process for priority consideration
Step 1: Please complete the RSCO lottery application online. You must choose CTRA RMS, or ECAMP as your first choice school on the RSCO application.
Step 2: You must also fill out a Connecticut River Academy (CTRA) priority request, a Riverside Magnet School (RMS) priority request, or a Early College Advanced Manufacturing Pathway (ECAMP) priority request to be considered.
The deadline to submit your RSCO Lottery Application and Priority Request is March 15, 2024. Failure to provide accurate information may result in the withdrawal of your priority application. In order to be eligible for Lottery Priority you must meet all of the requirements below.
General eligibility criteria for Goodwin University employees and students
- Must be a parent or guardian of the child for whom the application is being submitted.
- Must have the same residence as the child for whom the application is being submitted.
Goodwin University employees
- Must be employed by Goodwin University for a minimum of 6 months as of March 15, 2024.
- Full-time employees will receive priority over part-time employees if openings are limited.
Goodwin University students
- Must be enrolled at Goodwin University and have completed a minimum of 1 semester as of March 15, 2024.
- Must have an expected graduation date of June 2025 or later.
- Full-time students will receive priority over part-time students if openings are limited.
NOTE: This is only for priority status and does not guarantee placement. All placements are contingent upon the number of slots available in any given school year and grade level.