Riverside Magnet School at Goodwin College
A Reggio Magnet School in Greater Hartford Serving Connecticut
As a parent, you hope to see your child succeed in an academic setting that is safe, motivating, and nurturing. We understand that making the right choice for your child’s future means everything to you. Choosing a magnet school education may be exactly the right step for your child — and you.
The Riverside Magnet School offers young children — prekindergarten through grade 5 — an exciting curriculum that focuses on building literacy, numeracy, social, and physical skills.
A curriculum that empowers
The school’s curriculum is project based and applies the world-famous Reggio Emilia model. This Reggio magnet school empowers children to reach their full potential by controlling the direction of their learning, finding endless ways and opportunities to express themselves.
A flexible full-day program
Each classroom has fully certified teachers who plan customized learning, based on the children’s interests and needs, encouraging many forms of expression. All children are offered a full-day program. Extended hours available on a tuition basis.
2019/2020 Available Seats
At Riverside Magnet School, we have 35-50 open seats this lottery season. Make an informed decision and know the likelihood of being awarded an offer at your school of choice.
The curriculum fosters independence, creativity, inventiveness, and a love of exploration.
As a magnet school, Riverside offers several benefits including:
- Academic success that prepares students for a lifetime of achievement
- Diverse student body that encourages respect, empathy and collaboration
- Family and community involvement that instills a passion for learning and growth
- Flexible and innovative curriculum centered around a unifying theme
With a project-based education and hands-on learning approach, your child will be prepared for a bright future. The diverse student body allows for increased cultural competencies. Riverside offers a wide array of opportunities for family and community involvement as we feel those two components are an integral part of a student’s overall success.
- Full-day NAEYC-accredited pre-K program
- Offers Afternoon Studio, an after-school enrichment program that provides extended hours to help support working parents
- Employs fully certified teachers complemented by curriculum specialists in all grades
- Emphasizes outdoor learning opportunities for children and their families
- Follows world renowned Reggio Emilia model of learning
- Provides full-day education for children in prekindergarten — grade 5
- Has a state-of-the-art facility with technology designed for young children, including Smart Boards and computers in every classroom
Magnet School Transportation
We believe that everyone should have access to a great education. That’s why we make transportation to and from our magnet schools as convenient as possible. Learn about your transportation options now.
Attend a Parent Information Session
We expect to have Parent Information Sessions available in the Fall of 2019 for the 2020/2021 school year. If you're interested in attending, please sign up online and we will notify you when the session dates are finalized.
RSCO Lottery Application Period for the 2019-2020 School Year
Opens Wednesday, November 1, 2018 and closes Wednesday, February 28, 2019.
Learn more about the RSCO lottery process.