Connecticut River Academy: An Early College Model to Education
We believe learning should not be confined to a classroom. We believe your child’s success later in life depends on the choices you make now.
Early College High School Model
In addition to a full range of high school courses, students grade 11-12 have the opportunity to earn up to 30 transferable college credits through our Early College model. Unlike at many other high schools, our students get a head start on their college career while still in high school, all at no tuition cost. At the Connecticut River Academy, students are prepared academically and socially for college — laying an important foundation for their future success. Our students enjoy a curriculum filled with opportunities for hands-on learning and discovery — inside and outside the classroom.
The Connecticut River Academy's sustainability theme includes two areas of study: environmental science and advanced manufacturing.
Environmental science provides students with opportunities to experience first-hand what environmental scientists and engineers actually do. Students learn about relevant environmental and social issues such as climate change and green energy in the school's state-of-the-art laboratories and on its very own research vessel.
Students can also explore how current advancements in technology will shape the future of our planet with advanced manufacturing. Working hands-on with cutting-edge equipment and high-tech machinery such as 3-D printers and robotics, students gain experience in technologies including advanced manufacturing, engineering, and logistics.
- Early College model with opportunities to earn 30 tuition-free, transferable college credits while still in high school
- Sustainability theme with a focus on the Connecticut River watershed area
- Hands-on learning including engineering and advanced technologies
- State-of-the-art technology including collegiate level science labs and laptop computers for every student
- Internship opportunities with high-tech corporations including advanced science and technology experiences
- Extended day for advanced enrichment, academic, and social supports
We believe that everyone should have access to a great education. That’s why we make transportation to and from our magnet schools as convenient as possible. Learn about your transportation options now.
Attend a Parent Information Session
We expect to have Parent Information Sessions available in the Fall of 2018 for the 2019/2020 school year. If you're interested in attending, please sign up online and we will notify you when the session dates are finalized.
The RSCO Lottery Application Period for 2018-2019 School Year has closed.