Credit By Exam
Computer Literacy (CAP 110) Credit by Exam (CBE) Information
In order to successfully test out of the CAP 110 course, students need to have advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel 2007 - 2013 and Blackboard as well as knowledge of computer components, terminology, and maintenance.The registration process to take the CAP 110 Credit by Exam (CBE) is quick and easy. In order to register for the CAP 110 CBE you must follow the steps below:
1. Complete the online registration form.
- Your eligibility to take the CAP 110 CBE will be verified based on your status as an active student and not having previously completed the CAP 110 course.
- You will receive an e-mail confirming that you are registered for the CAP 110 CBE. This registration is valid for 30 days.
- If you have not received your registration confirmation after one week, please contact Beverly Carter at (860) 913-2182 or via e-mail at BCarter@goodwin.edu.
2. Schedule an exam date
- In order to take the CAP 110 CBE, you need to schedule a day and time to take the exam with the Academic Success Center. You can contact the Academic Success Center by calling (860) 913-2090, e-mailing ASCStaff@goodwin.edu, or going to room 209 in the main building.
- You need to schedule an exam date and take the exam within 30 days of receipt of the e-mail registration confirmation.
- If you do not complete the exam within 30 days of the receipt of the e-mail registration confirmation then you will need to register for the CBE again.
3. Pay the $100 Credit by Exam fee.
- Payment must be made to the Business Office at Goodwin College.
- You must bring the e-mailed confirmation of the CAP 110 CBE registration with you when you pay for the exam.
- You must request and keep a receipt of payment to be admitted to the exam.
On the day you have scheduled to take your CBE, you need to:
- Report to the Academic Success Center at the time you have scheduled to take the exam.
- Bring a picture id (such as a Goodwin College school ID, driver's license, or state ID card), your receipt of payment from the Business Office, e-mailed registration confirmation, a calculator, and a pencil.
- If you do not have this documentation with you, for whatever reason, you will not be allowed to take the exam on the day it is scheduled, and you will be required to reschedule your exam date.
In order to receive three credits for CAP 110 you must pass the CBE with a 73% or higher. If you receive a grade of 72% or lower, you must register and successfully complete the CAP 110 course. Please allow 10 business days for the exam to be processed. Notification of the results of the CAP110 CBE will be sent via e-mail.
- Taking the CBE will give you experiential credit for CAP 110 at Goodwin College, the credits earned via CBE are not transferable to another institution.
- Only currently enrolled students may take this exam. Credit will NOT be awarded, even for a passing score, unless you are currently enrolled at the time the exam is taken. If you have any questions please contact, Allison Misky.