COVID‐19 Employee and Visitor Building Entrance Procedures
Governor Lamont has issued Executive Order 7BB mandating the use of facemasks or cloth coverings stating, "Any person in a public place in Connecticut who is unable to maintain a safe social distance of approximately six feet from every other person shall cover their mouth and nose with a mask or cloth face‐covering."
In an abundance of caution, and in order to protect our faculty, staff, students, contractors, vendors, and visitors and prevent the spread of the virus, Goodwin University is implementing the following rules in the interest of maintaining a safe workplace:
- Any person seeking to access any Goodwin University building, office, or vehicle should obtain prior authorization through the Director of Human Resources, Terry Antoine, via email (TAntoine@goodwin.edu) or telephone (860‐727‐6938).
- All persons seeking admittance to a building must be wearing a facemask or cloth face covering. You will not be admitted without one. Note: The only exceptions to the mask requirement of this order are persons with pre‐existing health conditions where the wearing of a mask or cloth face covering would be contrary to his or her health or safety. Clear documentation from the treating physician is required and is subject to Goodwin's review and approval.
- Prior to traveling to Goodwin University, individuals should do a self‐check of body temperature at their homes. IF A FEVER AT/ABOVE 100.4 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT, OR OTHER SYMPTOMS OF THE CORONAVIRUS ARE DETECTED, OR YOU ARE SICK, STAY AT HOME UNTIL SYMPTOMS SUBSIDE.
- All visitors, vendors, and outside contractors are required to stop by the Security desk to sign in. You will be asked a short series of simple health questions and may have your temperature taken.
- All faculty and staff are required to stop by the Security desk to sign in or use the self-service kiosk located across from the bookstore and must have their Goodwin University IDs or their driver’s license. You will be asked a short series of simple health questions and may have your temperature taken.
- If you have tested positive for the Coronavirus, or have come in direct contact with someone who has tested positive, you should self‐quarantine for the required time period suggested by your doctor or a medical professional. Please contact Human Resources prior to seeking building access after self‐ quarantine to determine if any additional requirements must be met prior to granting building access.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES LISTED ABOVE WILL RESULT IN DENIAL OF ENTRY INTO GOODWIN UNIVERSITY BUILDINGS