Summer Bridge Academy
Goals and Objectives
- Give students the confidence and skills to become successful.
- Assist students in their development of life skills, test-taking strategies, and personal development.
- Familiarize students with Goodwin College and its resources.
- Teach classroom skills to prepare students for college level courses.
- Foster positive relationships with peers, faculty, and staff at Goodwin College.
- Enhance critical thinking skills through self-exploration and class experiences.
- Gain leadership skills through classroom activities, discussions, and cultural experiences.
- Develop strategies and resources for students to balance school, work, and personal commitments.
- Help students matriculate into Goodwin College or any two or four year college
- Earn up to six collegiate credits in six weeks.
- Students who enroll at Goodwin College within 12 months of graduation are eligible for a $10,000 scholarship based on grade point average.
- Exposure to college life in a structured and supportive learning community.
- Team building exercises and leadership activities.
- English and Math Boot Camps to prepare for college-level coursework.